Ruhaan Alva fifth in the Easykart Grand Prix finals at Castalletto
Bangalore-based Indian karter, Ruhaan Alva, finished fifth in the Easykart Grand Prix Finals at Castalletto in Italy on Sunday.
Ruhaan, who is supported by Birel ART, had a tough start to the weekend. He struggled for pace all through and was ranked ninth in his group and 19th overall after qualifying practice.
Ruhaan Alva was also crowned vice-champion in the Easykart Championship's Easy 60 category last month
He went on to finish Heat 1 in fifth place, making up 14 places. Ruhaan then was leading Heat 2 when he was shunted off the track. However, he finished the heat in eighth place after recovering. In the third heat, Ruhaan started 10th and finished seventh.
Ruhaan then went on to start the finals in 10th place, based on the points he gained during the heats, and then eventually finished fifth.
Last month, Alva had been declared the runner-up in the Easykart Italian Championship's Easy 60 category, and was awarded his trophy at the prize distribution function at Castalletto.
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775