Ruhaan Alva fifth in the Easykart Grand Prix finals at Castalletto
Bangalore-based Indian karter, Ruhaan Alva, finished fifth in the Easykart Grand Prix Finals at Castalletto in Italy on Sunday.
Ruhaan, who is supported by Birel ART, had a tough start to the weekend. He struggled for pace all through and was ranked ninth in his group and 19th overall after qualifying practice.
Ruhaan Alva was also crowned vice-champion in the Easykart Championship's Easy 60 category last month
He went on to finish Heat 1 in fifth place, making up 14 places. Ruhaan then was leading Heat 2 when he was shunted off the track. However, he finished the heat in eighth place after recovering. In the third heat, Ruhaan started 10th and finished seventh.
Ruhaan then went on to start the finals in 10th place, based on the points he gained during the heats, and then eventually finished fifth.
Last month, Alva had been declared the runner-up in the Easykart Italian Championship's Easy 60 category, and was awarded his trophy at the prize distribution function at Castalletto.
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar
- NewsSuzuki GSX-R1000R price reduced by Rs. 2.2 lakhs after tax cut
- NewsHyundai Tucson Sport with 2.4 litre petrol motor launched in USA
- NewsRenault Experience Centre opens in Phoenix Market City, Mumbai
- NewsMV Agusta to discontinue F4 superbike after 2018
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra extends his lead after SS5
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- FeaturesProduct review: Shima RS-1 gloves
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts