Ruhaan Alva gears up for World Rotax Max Challenge Grand Finals
Ruhaan Alva, supported by Italian manufacturer Birel Art, will make his debut in the World Rotax Max Challenge Grand Finals at Portimao today. The Indian karter is a part of 360 competitors who hail from 60 different countries, who are vying for titles in various classes of the championship. Race equipment like the chassis, engines, tyres, fuel, tools and kart trolleys will be provided to all participating drivers in order to guarantee equal opportunities and fair races.
Ruhaan Alva wins his second race in the 2017 Easy Kart Championship in Italy
Ruhaan recently finished third in the Easykart series in Italy, and finished runner up in the Micro Max category of the Meco Motorsports FMSCI Indian National Rotax Max Karting Championship. He is part of a grid of 36 drivers competing in the 125 Micro Max category in the Grand Finals in Italy.
The practice sessions begin today, November 6, and continue onto November 7. The qualifying sessions will be held on November 8, followed by three rounds of heats on November 9, pre-finals on November 10, and finals on November 11.
Speaking ahead of his debut in the Grand Finals, Ruhaan stated, "I had a good season in Italy though it was very tough because I switched to a higher and more competitive Easykart 60 category after the first round in the Mini class which I won. Despite a non-finish in one of the rounds thereafter, I still managed to tie for second place in the championship with my team-mate Patrese Lorenzo. However, since Lorenzo had participated in all the rounds in this category, he was declared second ahead of me although I had won more races."
- NewsMG Motor to launch first car in India earlier than planned, by second quarter of 2019
- NewsUpcoming 700km Mumbai-Nagpur expressway to reduce travel time by half
- NewsIndian Oil begins doorstep delivery of diesel in India
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced