Ruhaan Alva gears up for World Rotax Max Challenge Grand Finals
Ruhaan Alva, supported by Italian manufacturer Birel Art, will make his debut in the World Rotax Max Challenge Grand Finals at Portimao today. The Indian karter is a part of 360 competitors who hail from 60 different countries, who are vying for titles in various classes of the championship. Race equipment like the chassis, engines, tyres, fuel, tools and kart trolleys will be provided to all participating drivers in order to guarantee equal opportunities and fair races.
Ruhaan Alva wins his second race in the 2017 Easy Kart Championship in Italy
Ruhaan recently finished third in the Easykart series in Italy, and finished runner up in the Micro Max category of the Meco Motorsports FMSCI Indian National Rotax Max Karting Championship. He is part of a grid of 36 drivers competing in the 125 Micro Max category in the Grand Finals in Italy.
The practice sessions begin today, November 6, and continue onto November 7. The qualifying sessions will be held on November 8, followed by three rounds of heats on November 9, pre-finals on November 10, and finals on November 11.
Speaking ahead of his debut in the Grand Finals, Ruhaan stated, "I had a good season in Italy though it was very tough because I switched to a higher and more competitive Easykart 60 category after the first round in the Mini class which I won. Despite a non-finish in one of the rounds thereafter, I still managed to tie for second place in the championship with my team-mate Patrese Lorenzo. However, since Lorenzo had participated in all the rounds in this category, he was declared second ahead of me although I had won more races."
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter quick ride review