Ruhaan Alva gears up for World Rotax Max Challenge Grand Finals
Ruhaan Alva, supported by Italian manufacturer Birel Art, will make his debut in the World Rotax Max Challenge Grand Finals at Portimao today. The Indian karter is a part of 360 competitors who hail from 60 different countries, who are vying for titles in various classes of the championship. Race equipment like the chassis, engines, tyres, fuel, tools and kart trolleys will be provided to all participating drivers in order to guarantee equal opportunities and fair races.
Ruhaan Alva wins his second race in the 2017 Easy Kart Championship in Italy
Ruhaan recently finished third in the Easykart series in Italy, and finished runner up in the Micro Max category of the Meco Motorsports FMSCI Indian National Rotax Max Karting Championship. He is part of a grid of 36 drivers competing in the 125 Micro Max category in the Grand Finals in Italy.
The practice sessions begin today, November 6, and continue onto November 7. The qualifying sessions will be held on November 8, followed by three rounds of heats on November 9, pre-finals on November 10, and finals on November 11.
Speaking ahead of his debut in the Grand Finals, Ruhaan stated, "I had a good season in Italy though it was very tough because I switched to a higher and more competitive Easykart 60 category after the first round in the Mini class which I won. Despite a non-finish in one of the rounds thereafter, I still managed to tie for second place in the championship with my team-mate Patrese Lorenzo. However, since Lorenzo had participated in all the rounds in this category, he was declared second ahead of me although I had won more races."
- NewsImage gallery: Vazirani Automotive showcases Shul, India's first hypercar at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsVolvo XC40 gets 200 bookings in a fortnight, two new variants now also available
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS recalled in the US
- NewsJaguar F-Type now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol, starting at Rs 90.93 lakh
- NewsIndian Automotive Artist Vidita Singh to exhibit her art work at Pebble Beach Concours
- NewsVolkswagen I.D R Pikes Peak wins hill climb shootout at 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsTVS Apache RR310 can now be had with an Akrapovic Racing Line exhaust system
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS to have a 2-3 month long waiting period in India
- NewsYamaha Cygnus Ray ZR Street Rally launched in India at Rs 57,898
- NewsMobile showroom from Audi to tour more than 30 cities in India