Rumour: Tata Tiago commercial bookings in India likely to start in early 2017
Tata Motors launched the Tiago at Rs 3.20 lakh (ex-Delhi). Considering the fact that it is an all-new car from the Indian car manufacturer after the Nano and the Aria, there is a lot riding on the Tiago. With an aggressive pricing, Tata Motors plans to take on the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Celerio and the Hyundai Grandi10.
It is obvious to expect that the Tiago will eventually replace the ageing Tata Indica since it is not doing great in terms of sales, however, it is still going strong in the fleet business. When we asked Tata Motors on their plans to launch the Tiago in the commercial segment, they replied that the company is happy with the 3,000 units a month that the Indica does in the fleet space. The spokesperson also added that there are no plans of launching the Tiago in the commercial segment, as yet.
Often seen as a common practice by all car manufacturers, commercial bookings are taken only after the vehicle completes a year in the market. This is done to safeguard the brand identity. Thus, we expect Tata Motors to start taking commercial bookings for the Tiago by early 2017. Supporting this is the fact that the Tata Indica is only available in two diesel variants while the CNG variants have been silently called off from the official website. We believe this makes way for an e-Max CNG Tiago in the not so distant future. Also, the base Tiago trim without AC will make for a great kaali-peeli taxi which will give the Maruti Suzuki Ritz and Hyundai i10 a run for their money.
Starts Rs 3.21 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.88 Lakhs
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg unveiled in Beijing
- NewsYamaha cuts prices of YZF-R1 by Rs 2.6 lakh, MT-09 by Rs 1.3 lakh
- NewsProduction-spec Tata H5X SUV seen in camouflage
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350 launched in Australia as Rumbler 350
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra dominates Leg 4
- NewsRefreshed Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted before March-end launch
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar
- NewsSuzuki GSX-R1000R price reduced by Rs 2.2 lakh after tax cut
- NewsHyundai Tucson Sport with 2.4 litre petrol motor launched in USA