Rumour: Tata Tiago commercial bookings in India likely to start in early 2017
Tata Motors launched the Tiago at Rs 3.20 lakh (ex-Delhi). Considering the fact that it is an all-new car from the Indian car manufacturer after the Nano and the Aria, there is a lot riding on the Tiago. With an aggressive pricing, Tata Motors plans to take on the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Celerio and the Hyundai Grandi10.
It is obvious to expect that the Tiago will eventually replace the ageing Tata Indica since it is not doing great in terms of sales, however, it is still going strong in the fleet business. When we asked Tata Motors on their plans to launch the Tiago in the commercial segment, they replied that the company is happy with the 3,000 units a month that the Indica does in the fleet space. The spokesperson also added that there are no plans of launching the Tiago in the commercial segment, as yet.
Often seen as a common practice by all car manufacturers, commercial bookings are taken only after the vehicle completes a year in the market. This is done to safeguard the brand identity. Thus, we expect Tata Motors to start taking commercial bookings for the Tiago by early 2017. Supporting this is the fact that the Tata Indica is only available in two diesel variants while the CNG variants have been silently called off from the official website. We believe this makes way for an e-Max CNG Tiago in the not so distant future. Also, the base Tiago trim without AC will make for a great kaali-peeli taxi which will give the Maruti Suzuki Ritz and Hyundai i10 a run for their money.
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.65 Lakhs
- FeaturesRemembering Martin Holmes
- FeaturesBook review - Niki Lauda: The Biography by Maurice Hamilton
- NewsHyundai Venue SUV to get iMT clutchless manual gearbox with 1.0-litre turbo
- NewsBSVI Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI to get automatic option in September 2020
- NewsAudi e-tron S and Audi e-tron S Sportback electric SUVs revealed
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block