SAEIndia and Maruti Suzuki to flag off 2016 Supra Formula Student competition on July 4
SAEIndia along with Maruti Suzuki have announced that the 2016 Supra Formula Student competition will be held from July 4-9 at the Buddh International Circuit. This competition gives engineering students from colleges across the country a contract from a fictional manufacturing company to develop a small single-seater racecar with specific guidelines. This prototype, which is developed and built by students, will be evaluated by more than one hundred judges who are professionals in the automotive industry. They will be judged on various parameters such as on-track performance and cost of engineering.
The Supra or Super Racing Formula Student competition, which began in 2011 is based on the Formula SAE contest held by SAE International in the USA. The Formula SAE competition began in 1978 as the SAE Mini Indy. Organised by SAEIndia, the Supra competition, which is in its fifth edition, offers students a chance to practically apply what they've learnt while also giving them a taste what it's like to work in real-world situations. This year, to encourage women to participate, SAEIndia will give out two special awards one for the best woman participant and the second one to the team with the most number of women participants.
According to Prashant K Banerjee, the convener of Supra SAEIndia 2016 and the deputy executive director of SIAM, this competition contributes to the Government's Skill India initiative by "providing an excellent platform for skill development and enhancement."
- NewsNissan India launches Happy with Nissan service camp, valid till December 24
- NewsTata Tiago XZ+ top-spec variant launched at Rs 5.57 lakh
- NewsSpec comparison: Nissan Kicks vs Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra Scorpio
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Hero 450 RR Dakar spec rally motorcycle
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero MotoSports' CS Santosh, Joaquim Rodrigues and Oriol Mena gear up for 41st edition of the rally
- Review2019 Audi E-Tron first drive review
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 accessory list revealed with prices
- Review2019 BMW 3 Series first drive review
- Review2018 BMW G 310 R road test review