SAIC previews Roewe R-Aura Concept EV flagship in sketches
Roewe, a premium brand owned by the makers of MG Motor, SAIC, has unveiled the first renders of its new flagship EV concept. The Roewe R-Aura Concept will make its global debut on May 10.
The R-Aura carries a striking four-door coupe look, with heavily accented lines along the car's beltline and over the wheelarches. This is complemented by the heavily sloped roofline, and the slim all-LEd lighting elements. Other sporty elements are the enlarged wheels, the protruding front splitter that curves into what looks like a carbon rocker panel and ends with the large diffuser at the rear of the car.
More tech visible in these photos is the solar-panel roof, the rear-view cameras, a 5G connectivity suite and an external touchpad for entry into the car. Details about the R-Aura are scarce as of now but we think this could be pitched as a rival to the Tesla Model S, and come with a dual-motor AWD set up that draws juice from a roughly 90 kWh battery. We expect the range to be upwards of 600km in the top versions and a 0 to 100 kmph time of around 3s.
The R-Aura will launch a new high-end EV-only sub-brand called R. The premium Roewe brand was founded in 2006 and through it SAIC caters to buyers in its home-market who are looking for a home-grown substitute for foreign brands from Japan and Europe.
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block