Sales Update: Harley Davidson Street 750
Harley Davidson launched a new range of 'Street' bikes at the beginning of the year; the Street 750 and the Street 500. The Street 750 is on sale in India and has become a roaring success with sky rocketing sales within a month of the bookings opening
The Street 750 accounted for 60 per cent of HD's India sales for the month of April 2014
Harley revealed that it has sold 210 units of the Street 750 alone in the month of April. The company totally sold a total of 316 bikes in the month which means the Street already makes up 60% of total sales. In all Harley produced a total of 506 units of the Street 750 in April. Harley currently has 13 models on offer including the Street 750, which is their lowest priced bike available on the market with prices ranging from 4.1 lakh to 29 lakh rupees.
As per SIAM data, the company sold a total of 126 bikes in the country in March, which is without the Street 750 model. Last year, Harley said they would start full scale 'building' in India at the Bawal plant in Haryana as opposed to assembling 'completely knocked down' (CKD) units.
The Street range is the only Harley Davidson that is manufactured in India
Harley-Davidson Motor Co President and COO Matthew Levatich, however, had stressed that the local 'building' of bikes in India would be restricted only to the Street 750 and Street 500 models. He had also stated that local fabrication of fuel tanks and fenders would also commence in India with the two models, scaling up the company's production operations to almost full scale manufacturing from the earlier assembly operations.
So it looks like Harley Davidson, that was already the most successful 'big bike' entity in India is now really taking the market by storm and that the Street 750 has hit the sweet spot with Indian consumers.
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019