Sandro Garbo recreates Steve McQueen's "Le Mans" in a stunning graphic novel
Steve McQueen was famous for being the king of cool, having starred in movies like The Great Escape, Bullitt, and Papillion. But perhaps the movie that motorsport fans remember him for the most was Le Mans. It might not have been a huge ticket-seller when it was released back in 1971, but it has gained quite a fan following over the years. One of its biggest fans actually went and created a stunning graphic novel based on the movie. What's better is that it's on sale now!
A Belgian graphic novelist, Sandro Garbo, and his team spent three years creating the book titled, Steve McQueen in Le Mans. Garbo says that he began working on it after Steve McQueen appeared in his dream and asked him to recreate the movie as a graphic novel. And that's just what he's gone and done. From the images seen on the internet, it's clear that Garbo has done a fabulous job of retelling the story through vivid, detailed illustrations. To get a preview of what's in the book, here's a short animated trailer of the graphic novel that the team has put out on YouTube.
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh