Scoop: Mahindra KUV100 petrol engine to be called mFalcon
The upcoming Mahindra KUV100 will have a 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine called the mFalcon. It will be the first Mahindra SUV to feature a petrol engine since the limited run of Scorpio petrols all those years ago. The mFalcon will come in four to five states of tune and will have 1.2-litre, 1.6-litre and 2.0-litre displacement options. In addition, we believe the KUV100 will also feature the world's smallest turbocharger and power steering system.
A teaser image of the compact offering was recently shared on the company's official social media page. From the outline, it is clear that the Mahindra KUV100 will be a rugged cross between a hatch and an SUV. Dimensionally however the S101 footprint should be no larger than a compact hatchback. The front profile will have premium features such as LED day-time running lamps and bash plates. It will have an impressive ground clearance of 200mm and door handles similar to those on the Chevrolet Beat, which means they are mounted on the C-pillar rather than on the doors. Inside the Mahindra KUV100, the spacious cabin and feature rich options will make it a unique offering in its segment. We also expect to see an automatic option on the S101, albeit an AMT similar to the one residing in the TUV300.
Importantly, the addition of a petrol engine in the Mahindra range will help the company tackle the diesel ban proposition that the SC and NGT have been mulling over for quite some time. The odd-even rule and the suggestion to stop registration of diesel vehicles at the national capital is discouraging for prospective SUV clients. However, the mFalcon with its multiple tunes and displacement options will also be seen powering Mahindra's mainstream SUVs such as the TUV300, Scorpio and even the XUV500. The upcoming Mahindra KUV100 will lock horns against Maruti Suzuki Celerio, Chevrolet Beat and also the Maruti Suzuki WagonR and will be priced between Rs 5 lakh to Rs 7 lakh.
Starts Rs 4.32 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000