Scoop: Renault to bring in Duster 4x4 to India by July 2014
Renault has just showed off a pimped up Duster at the 2014 Auto Expo. The Duster Adventure version as it is called features smoked headlamps along with tweaked bumpers and a new grille. Renault hasn't given us a time line yet but the car is a limited edition and doesn't cost a dime more than the regular version. While the wait for the fresh Duster might be a long one we still have some reason to rejoice.
So far the Duster has only been available in front wheel drive format. While the Duster enjoyed considerable success in its first few months stiff competition from vehicles like the EcoSport and Amaze has seen sales decline. What the category has been lacking so far has been four wheel drive. Neither the Renault nor the Ford offer it. However we now have word from our sources that Renault is planning to launch the Duster with four wheel drive by middle of this year. The 4X4 Duster however will continue to be sold as the pre face-lift model. We expect Renault to price it about Rs 1 lakh more than the top end front wheel drive model. Having four wheel drive should give Renault an edge over the competition and help them reclaim some sales number.
Watch our video of the Renault Duster Adventure here
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Street's Not Dead
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg unveiled in Beijing
- NewsYamaha cuts prices of YZF-R1 by Rs 2.6 lakh, MT-09 by Rs 1.3 lakh
- NewsProduction-spec Tata H5X SUV seen in camouflage
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350 launched in Australia as Rumbler 350
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra dominates Leg 4
- NewsRefreshed Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted before March-end launch
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar