Scooters included in the 15th Maruti Suzuki Raid De Himalaya
The Raid De Himalaya this year will have a new entry in the form of the scooter Xtreme Class. Recognised as one of the world's top 10 motorsport events, the Raid will take place from October 4 to 12. It begins from Shimla and will end in Leh. This year, scooters are being allowed to compete on a trial basis with six entries being registered so far. The scooters range in the 110-125cc bracket with three of them being the Suzuki Access. Needless to say, all the scooters have been modified according to rally rules. The riders are already well-known in the scooter rally circles and they are Muzaffar Ali of Bhopal, Kunal Rao and Unmesh Kadam of Mumbai, Shardul Sharma of Dehradun, Mohsin Khan of Jaipur and Amit Belgaonkar of Nasik.
Dinesh Parmar from Mumbai, who also happens to be the chairman of the Twin City Motorsports club, says that such is the enthusiasm among scooter riders that he already has four confirmed names for the rally next year.
Starts Rs 64,800
- NewsYamaha India commences online booking and sales of its motorcycle range
- NewsHyundai Mobility Membership loyalty program launched with unconditional benefits for Hyundai owners
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's Gurugram plant will be shifted to larger facility in Haryana
- NewsElectric vehicles can now be sold in India without batteries, states the Government
- NewsSteelbird India launches hands free face shield, plans to make 1 lakh units in three months