Second-generation Hyundai Grand i10 hatchback spotted once again - launch expected soon
Team OVERDRIVE has reported the spy shots of the upcoming Hyundai Grand i10 caught on test. This time around, a spy video by Power Strokes gives us a glimpse inside the soon-expected hatchback.
We believe that the platform has undergone heavy changes and the new Grand i10 will comply with the stricter safety norms that will come into play from October 1, 2019. Also, the engines on offer will be BSVI compliant as the norms set in action from April 1, 2020.
The exterior changes could include a redesigned headlamp assembly along with the grille in the theme of their family design. The tail lamp unit appears different, which could mean the hatch can have a redesigned rear section.
A peek inside shows a redesigned dashboard - along with newly sculpted door panels. We can expect the new Grand i10 to have Hyundai's Blue Link connectivity that debuted with the Hyundai Venue.
Mechanically, the current petrol engine on offer, the 1.2-litre four-cylinder engine could be replaced with a downsized engine. The diesel engine on offer could stay the same - 1.2-litre three-cylinder diesel engine would be offered in a BSVI state of tune.
Expect the price of the new Hyundai Grand i10 to go up by Rs 20,000-40,000 across all variants. The new Grand i10 will rival the Maruti Suzuki Swift and the Ford Figo with the pricing between Rs 5.30 and 7.90 lakh ex-showroom.
Image Source - Power Stroke
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- NewsGovernment approves amended Motor Vehicles Bill, higher penalties for traffic offences
- ReviewHyundai Venue vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport
- FeaturesProduct review: Kent Cam Eye
- NewsFIA Formula 3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala claims third place in Race 2 at Paul Ricard
- NewsNext-generation 2022 Range Rover SUV spotted testing internationally for the first time