Second Generation Mahindra Thar 4X4 spotted in production form - Launch expected in Q4
The second generation Mahindra Thar has been spotted a number of times on test. This time around a production-ready mule was spotted on the streets of Mumbai. The number of rigorous testing of the upcoming second-generation Thar hints that the manufacturer is all set to launch the new lifestyle vehicle right around the festive season.
It is possible the first time the 2020 Thar has been spotted on test sporting a set of alloy wheels. Which hints the higher trims could see some more features.
Even with the camouflage, the test mule confirms that the new Thar will retain its iconic silhouette as well as the stance. However, the fenders have more flare and are spaced wider - courtesy the new platform. Yes! The next-generation Thar is expected to based on an all-new platform which we believe could be a body on frame assembly. The chassis will house a close-ratio transfer case mated to a supposedly BSVI compliant diesel engine on one side and a 4X4 drivetrain to the other. Along with the chassis, the suspension geometry is expected to be revised as well.
With the mechanical update, expect the cabin to have premium bits and features i.e power windows, Climate control, digital instrument cluster, touchscreen infotainment system.
Currently, the Thar 700 has been priced at Rs 9.99 lakh ex-showroom India. The 2020 Mahindra Thar could ask a premium of Rs 50,000-60,000 over the current model. Expect the pricing of the new Thar to be close to Rs 10.5 lakh ex-showroom mark and the SUV will rival the Force Gurkha.
Image Source - Parked In Proportion
Starts Rs 9.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
- NewsNew-gen Hyundai Creta, Aura and Verna can be bought on Click to Buy online platform
- NewsFollow the build progress of the world's most expensive "new" Honda Civic
- FeaturesNews ways to reduce impacts of a side collision in cars
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Mahindra logistics' ALYTE launches free emergency cab services amid COVID-19 pandemic in Hyderabad
- NewsUpcoming BMW 5 Series facelift spotted testing
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055