Seltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
Difficult times brought upon by the COVID pandemic have turned out to be rather good for Kia in India. Riding strong on the bookings the Kia Seltos has garnered already, Kia sold 7,466 units of the premium compact SUV in the month of March 2020.
With over a 1000 deliveries of the Kia Carnival luxe-van, Kia Motors has sold a total of 8,583 units last month and is again the third highest car selling manufacturer in India. Maruti Suzuki sold over 76,000 cars followed by Hyundai at over 26,000 cars as against the 8,583 Kia cars followed by Toyota and then Tata Motors.
In terms of SUVs, the Seltos is closely followed by its rejuvenated cousin, the new Hyundai Creta is at 6706 units and we expect it to eclipse the Seltos after the lockdown opens up. Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza had been wearing the SUV crown for more than a year (averaging over 10,000 units a month) and now, with no diesel option in addition to the market dip, has clocked just 5513 units.
Across the segments, Kia has, for the first time ever, gained entry into the top-five sales chart last month. While Maruti Suzuki Baleno leads the chart, the Kia Seltos is at number 5, inching ahead of the Creta and the Venue.
Kia seems to have assimilated all of Hyundai's experience over the past two decades and have developed products that suit the Indian taste. Now, the Sonet-inspired compact SUV is expected to arrive later this year. The sub-4m SUV is based on the Hyundai Venue and will give Kia entry into another volume generating segment in its quest to acquire market share.
Starts Rs 9.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 24.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
- NewsAmerica's second-largest rental car company, Hertz, files for bankruptcy
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Kia launches the 'Kia Care' initiative
- News2020 Skoda Karoq SUV expected to be priced around Rs 27 lakh, on-road
- NewsVirtual 24 Hours of Le Mans to be held in June, participation from top teams confirmed
- NewsBattRE launches the gps:ie at Rs 64,990
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!