Sete Gibernau joins 2019 MotoE rider line-up
The rider line-up for the inaugural season of MotoE seems to be drawing closer to completion, with a few prominent names like Randy de Puniet and Bradley Smith already having been announced as part of the grid.
The latest prominent name to become part of the all-electric racing series has just been announced - Sete Gibernau. Gibernau will make a return to motorcycle racing after a gap of 10 years, as a part of the all-electric racing championship. The 45-year-old rider, who was runner up in the MotoGP championship in 2003 and 2004, has signed with the Pons Racing squad for the upcoming season of the championship.
Gibernau has stated that he never expected to be back in motorcycle racing, but also said that he has his work cut out for him in order to live up to Sito Pons' expectations. Pons himself stated that when the championship was announced, the team was convinced that they would be part of the championship since it is the future of motorcycle racing. They were also convinced that they needed an experienced pilot to help them in this venture, and could think of no one better than Gibernau for the job.
The teams competing in the 2019 MotoE championship will all be using Energica motorcycles in the five-round championship that will be held at Jerez, Le Mans, Sachsenring, Red Bull Ring, and Misano, alongside the MotoGP races at those tracks.
- NewsDelhi government announces EV policy, up to Rs 1.5 lakh subisidy for electric passenger vehicles
- NewsToyota Fortuner TRD Limited Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 34.98 lakh
- NewsUpcoming new-gen Mahindra Thar SUV spied: Everything we know so far
- NewsKia Sonet powertrain details, including segment-first six-speed diesel automatic
- News2020 Kia Sonet SUV: Top 10 feature highlights