Shell Helix HX8 synthetic motor oil launched in India at Rs 850/litre
Shell today launched its HX8 line of synthetic motor oils. Priced at Rs 850/litre, this oil is compatible for use in cars including SUVs, hatchbacks, sedans and MUVs. Shell Helix HX8 is specifically being marketed towards SUVs and turbo-charged engines- effectively conditions where the engine is likely to face high temperatures and high-stress situations.
This oil is being marketed as a mid-range product best suited for daily use as well as in high load conditions. The Shell HX8 motor oil was launched in Europe a couple of years ago and has since been launched in SE Asia and China. In India, the HX8 is an aftermarket product compatible with most OEM guidelines and is available in 1-litre, 3.5-litre and 4.5-litre packs across India. The composition of the Indianproduct remains unchanged to the one sold internationally.
Mansi Tripathy, Country Head Shell lubricants and Praveen Nagpal, CTO, Shell lubricants at the Helix HX8 launch event
The HX8 is produced with a base oil derived from natural gas which allows for a purer product. However, Shell says the USP of this product is its flexi molecule technology. What this means is that the oil contains certain large molecules which remain dormant in regular low-stress conditions but change when in contact with higher stress and temperatures.
For example, in the area around the cam and cam follower, these molecules start to disintegrate and form a protective coating around these parts. Shell says the benefits of this is 40% better wear protection around critical components, 78% less oil consumption, 58% better oxidation stability and high-temperature deposit control.
Shell will be hoping the HX8 will appeal to buyers enough to make them shift from their OEM recommended brands to its products, given its market positioning and unique technology,
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race: Volkswagen Vento TC4-A Racecar first drive review