Shell Helix HX8 synthetic motor oil launched in India at Rs 850/litre
Shell today launched its HX8 line of synthetic motor oils. Priced at Rs 850/litre, this oil is compatible for use in cars including SUVs, hatchbacks, sedans and MUVs. Shell Helix HX8 is specifically being marketed towards SUVs and turbo-charged engines- effectively conditions where the engine is likely to face high temperatures and high-stress situations.
This oil is being marketed as a mid-range product best suited for daily use as well as in high load conditions. The Shell HX8 motor oil was launched in Europe a couple of years ago and has since been launched in SE Asia and China. In India, the HX8 is an aftermarket product compatible with most OEM guidelines and is available in 1-litre, 3.5-litre and 4.5-litre packs across India. The composition of the Indian product remains unchanged to the one sold internationally.
Mansi Tripathy, Country Head Shell lubricants and Praveen Nagpal, CTO, Shell lubricants at the Helix HX8 launch event
The HX8 is produced with a base oil derived from natural gas which allows for a purer product. However, Shell says the USP of this product is its flexi molecule technology. What this means is that the oil contains certain large molecules which remain dormant in regular low-stress conditions but change when in contact with higher stress and temperatures.
For example, in the area around the cam and cam follower, these molecules start to disintegrate and form a protective coating around these parts. Shell says the benefits of this is 40% better wear protection around critical components, 78% less oil consumption, 58% better oxidation stability and high-temperature deposit control.
Shell will be hoping the HX8 will appeal to buyers enough to make them shift from their OEM recommended brands to its products, given its market positioning and unique technology,
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed
- NewsPorsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and its dealers donate Rs 30 lakh to the CM's relief fund in Kerala
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally