Shell Helix HX8 synthetic motor oil launched in India at Rs 850/litre
Shell today launched its HX8 line of synthetic motor oils. Priced at Rs 850/litre, this oil is compatible for use in cars including SUVs, hatchbacks, sedans and MUVs. Shell Helix HX8 is specifically being marketed towards SUVs and turbo-charged engines- effectively conditions where the engine is likely to face high temperatures and high-stress situations.
This oil is being marketed as a mid-range product best suited for daily use as well as in high load conditions. The Shell HX8 motor oil was launched in Europe a couple of years ago and has since been launched in SE Asia and China. In India, the HX8 is an aftermarket product compatible with most OEM guidelines and is available in 1-litre, 3.5-litre and 4.5-litre packs across India. The composition of the Indian product remains unchanged to the one sold internationally.
Mansi Tripathy, Country Head Shell lubricants and Praveen Nagpal, CTO, Shell lubricants at the Helix HX8 launch event
The HX8 is produced with a base oil derived from natural gas which allows for a purer product. However, Shell says the USP of this product is its flexi molecule technology. What this means is that the oil contains certain large molecules which remain dormant in regular low-stress conditions but change when in contact with higher stress and temperatures.
For example, in the area around the cam and cam follower, these molecules start to disintegrate and form a protective coating around these parts. Shell says the benefits of this is 40% better wear protection around critical components, 78% less oil consumption, 58% better oxidation stability and high-temperature deposit control.
Shell will be hoping the HX8 will appeal to buyers enough to make them shift from their OEM recommended brands to its products, given its market positioning and unique technology,
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018