Shell Lubricants chosen as BMW's recommended oil supplier
Starting January 2015, Shell Lubricants will be BMW's recommended oil supplier. This also applies to other brands under the BMW umbrella, like i, Mini and Motorrad. Under this collaboration, Shell will manufacture the recently introduced PurePlus technology oils for BMW's automobiles. These oils will be available across the 3,500 BMW dealerships across the globe in more than 140 countries.
Shell is also the OEM oil supplier for manufacturers in India like Hyundai, Maruti Suzuki, Nissan and GM. Globally this extends to Ferrari, Daimler, Kia, Maserati and the Chrysler group.
Nitin Prasad, managing director, Shell Lubricants India at the Helix Ultra launch in Mumbai
Nitin Prasad, managing director, Shell Lubricants India, said, "We are honoured to be chosen as BMW's recommended oil supplier for aftermarket engine oils. There are different levels of partnership with OEMs right from offering off-the-shelf products to providing a bespoke product to the level of co-engineering. BMW has high quality standards when it comes to engine oil and require engine oils designed to bring out the full potential of BMW engines and meet the latest specifications. We look forward to jointly supplying, distributing and marketing these oils, starting January 2015."
- News2020 Honda CB 350 cruiser launched in India, Rivals Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsLive updates: Honda CB 350 cruiser launch, to rival Royal Enfield
- NewsTVS owned Norton Motorcycles to offer repayment of deposits, but at a condition
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe to be launched in India on October 15
- NewsConfirmed: 2020 BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS BSVI India launch on October 8