Six teams to compete in the Nexa P1 Powerboat race in Mumbai
The members of the 6 teams who will compete in the Nexa P1 Powerboat Racing Championship in Mumbai
The six teams competing in the Nexa P1 Powerboat, Indian Grand Prix of the Seas were just announced in Mumbai -- HVR Racing, Lloyd Dolphins, Booster Jets, Ultra Sharks, MoneyOnMobile Marlins and another team which hasn't been named as yet.
CS Santosh will race for the Booster Jets
Each team has two boats which will be raced by a pilot and a navigator. Almost all the competitors are professional powerboat racers from countries like the United States, UK, Australia and Belgium. The two Indian wild card entries -- Gaurav Gill and CS Santosh -- will be competing in different teams. Gill will pilot a boat for team Ultra Sharks while Santosh will race for the Booster Jets.
Gaurav Gill will race for team Ultra Sharks
The event will take place over three days from March 3-5 at Mumbai's Marine Drive. The first day will host the time trials on the 5.2km course, which will determine who starts from pole position in the first race that'll be held the next day.
CS Santosh and Gaurav Gill will compete for rival teams
The winner of a race gets 20 points while those who finish in second and third place get 17 and 15 points respectively. Every subsequent boat will get one less point than the previous one. Race 2 will start on a reverse grid, with the boat which finished last in Race 1 taking pole followed by the other boats in ascending order.
The course for the Nexa P1 Powerboat Race in Mumbai
The boat with the most points after the two races will take pole in the grand finale on Sunday. The winning team will be determined by the total points accumulated over the weekend of all the boats in one team.
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh