Skoda Auto and Volkswagen merge India operations
In another development towards the Volkswagen Group's India 2.0 plan, the firm has restructured its entities in India. It's passenger-car subsidiaries, Volkswagen India Private Limited (VWIPL), Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited (NSC) and Skoda Auto India Private Limited (SAIPL) have now been merged under a new entity called Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL).
Gurpratap Boparai, previously head of Skoda India, has been named MD of the new enterprise. This firm will be headquartered in Pune and will manage all VW Group brands in India, which also includes Audi, Lamborghini and Porsche.
This comes before the 2020 Auto Expo, where the firm will reveal the concept, a Skoda SUV, based on the MQB-A0-IN platform currently being developed for its India cars. This will see high levels of localization with specific attention to our market's needs. The Skoda SUV will be followed by a VW SUV, and replacements for the Vento and Polo. The Group's eventual aim is to garner significant market share by 2025.
"With this merger, we plan to combine the technology and management expertise of our team in India and realise our true potential in a challenging, competitive environment. We want to further strengthen our presence in India, ensure the professional development of our employees and safeguard sustainable profitability for our dealers." Boparai said of this development.
- NewsUpcoming crossovers expected to launch in India by end of 2020
- NewsMG Hector BSVI diesel prices start at Rs 13.88 lakh
- NewsBajaj-KTM developing e-mopeds for India, expected launch in 2022
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Honda 2Wheelers pledges support to its dealerships
- NewsMahindra Scorpio BSVI: What has changed?
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055