Skoda Auto and Volkswagen merge India operations
In another development towards the Volkswagen Group's India 2.0 plan, the firm has restructured its entities in India. It's passenger-car subsidiaries, Volkswagen India Private Limited (VWIPL), Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited (NSC) and Skoda Auto India Private Limited (SAIPL) have now been merged under a new entity called Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL).
Gurpratap Boparai, previously head of Skoda India, has been named MD of the new enterprise. This firm will be headquartered in Pune and will manage all VW Group brands in India, which also includes Audi, Lamborghini and Porsche.
This comes before the 2020 Auto Expo, where the firm will reveal the concept, a Skoda SUV, based on the MQB-A0-IN platform currently being developed for its India cars. This will see high levels of localization with specific attention to our market's needs. The Skoda SUV will be followed by a VW SUV, and replacements for the Vento and Polo. The Group's eventual aim is to garner significant market share by 2025.
"With this merger, we plan to combine the technology and management expertise of our team in India and realise our true potential in a challenging, competitive environment. We want to further strengthen our presence in India, ensure the professional development of our employees and safeguard sustainable profitability for our dealers." Boparai said of this development.
Team OD | 14 Nov 2019
Team OD | 13 Nov 2019
- NewsBSVI Jawa Perak Image gallery - a closer look at the most affordable bobber in the country
- NewsBSVI Jawa Perak Bobber launched in India for Rs 1.94 lakh
- NewsJawa Perak Bobber India launch Live Updates: Price, Details, Specifications, Engine and Features
- NewsAll-electric Bajaj Chetak: Everything that you should know
- NewsAll-new Triumph Tiger 900 Rally and GT to be unveiled on December 3