Skoda Auto appoints Mr Gurpratap Boparai as MD
Skoda Auto India has appointed Mr Gurpratap Boparai as its new managing director. The Czech car-maker is hoping Mr Boparai's expertise in managing large manufacturing operations will help Skoda develop its operations in the India market. He will be reporting directly to Skoda Auto CEO Bernhard Maier. Mr Boparai also has extensive experience in the international and Indian automobile industry.
This appointment is also in line with the VW-owned firm's hopes of a strong growth trend on the Indian subcontinent in the next few years, and its expectation of India playing a vital role in this growth strategy. Skoda currently sells the Rapid, Octavia, Superb and Kodiaq model lines in the country. The Rapid is manufactured at the Pune plant, while the Octavia, Superb and Kodiaq models are produced in Aurangabad where the company headquarters are located as well. The company says its deliveries in India rose almost by 30 percent to 17,438 cars. As a part of its new growth campaign, Skoda Auto India has revamped its entire network including sales and service outlets, its vehicles are sold in India through 70 dealerships, and 70 service centres are available to customers.
On his appointment, Mr Gurpratap Boparai said he was excited about his new role at Skoda Auto India Private Ltd. and was looking forward to working with the young and dynamic team. He was confident that Skoda's strong engineering tradition, emotional designs, superior technology, attractive model range, renewed after-sales impetus combined with the strategic initiatives to build new models will take the brand to a strong leadership position in the next years.
Mr Bernhard Maier commented by saying that Mr Boparai's appointment came at an opportune moment when Skoda was looking to strengthen its position in the Indian market. He added that Mr Boparai's vast knowledge of the Indian automotive landscape would enable the company to implement a comprehensive expansion plan. With him on board, Skoda would continue to vigorously press ahead with the growth of its brand in India.
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Sourav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty