Skoda Auto to increase prices across range in India
Skoda India made an announcement today that it plans to increase prices of all its vehicles from January 1, 2018. The company states that the price increase will range from 2% - 3% depending on the product and variant. The changing market conditions and various external economic factors are driving this price impact, mentions the company.
Skoda Auto presently sells five products in India. The range starts from the Skoda Rapid that competes with the likes of the Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and the VW Vento. Then comes the Skoda Octavia that locks horns with the Hyundai Elantra and the Toyota Corolla. Skoda also launched the performance-spec Octavia RS sedan at Rs 24.62 lakh in September this year. Skoda India has sold the first batch of 250 units of the Octavia RS. The next set of 250 cars should arrive by early 2018 and we believe Skoda India dealerships are already taking bookings for the new batch. The performance-spec version of the Skoda Octavia gets a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine that produces 230PS of power. Sitting in the premium space are the Skoda Superb and the recently launched Skoda Kodiaq.
Automobile manufacturers often announce increase in prices for the new year and Skoda Auto is the first brand to do so with its 2018 model range. We expect other automobile manufacturers to follow suit as well.
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.34 Lakhs
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775