Skoda crosses milestone of producing 20 million cars globally
Czech automobile manufacturer, Skoda Auto crossed an important milestone of producing 20 million cars. The 20 millionth car that rolled out from the Skoda Auto's Kvasiny plant is the Karoq SUV. The company started producing cars from as early as 1905 with the with the Laurin & Klement Voiturette A in in Mladá Boleslav.
Producing 20 million cars is a tremendous milestone in our company's history," commented, Bernhard Maier, Skoda Auto CEO. He further added, "We are aiming for another production and sales record this year. The basis for this is our Strategy 2025, which will sustainably prepare Skoda Auto for the processes of change in society and the automotive industry."
The Czech automaker is one of the oldest vehicle manufacturers in the world. The Voiturette A had been developed by the company founders Laurin and Klement. Since then, Skoda Auto has produced 20 million vehicles at its Czech and international plants. The company states, With the 2025 Strategy, the Skoda Auto is vigorously pressing ahead with the electrification of its model range and will offer five purely electric models in various segments by 2025. With the Skoda Vision E, the manufacturer presented its vision of electric and autonomous driving at the IAA in Frankfurt.
The Skoda Karoq measures 4,382mm in length, 1,841mm in width and 1,605mm in height. This makes it 104mm smaller, 258mm narrower and 52mm shorter than the Volkswagen SUV
The 20 millionth vehicle, Skoda Karpoq is an all new offering from the Czech automaker that is believed to be the successor of the Yeti SUV. The all-new Karoq is the second SUV that is the based on the MQB platform after the Kodiaq. We expect Skoda to bring the Karoq to India next year wherein it will compete with the likes of Hyundai Tucson, Volkswagen Tiguan and Isuzu MU-X.
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 24.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.49 Lakhs
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Street's Not Dead
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg unveiled in Beijing
- NewsYamaha cuts prices of YZF-R1 by Rs 2.6 lakh, MT-09 by Rs 1.3 lakh
- NewsProduction-spec Tata H5X SUV seen in camouflage
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350 launched in Australia as Rumbler 350
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra dominates Leg 4
- NewsRefreshed Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted before March-end launch
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar