Skoda India rolls out 1,00,000th Rapid sedan from its Pune facility
Skoda India rolled out the 1,00,000th Rapid Sedan from the Volkswagen Group production facility in Chakan, Pune. The 1,00,000th Rapid was the top-spec Monte Carlo edition. The Skoda Rapid wears the Monte Carlo badge as homage to the manufacturer's motorsport heritage and Rallye Monte Carlo.
(Right) Gurpratap Boparai, Managing Director, Volkswagen India Private Ltd and (Left) Zac Hollis, Director - Sales and Marketing, Skoda Auto India at 1,00,000th Rapid production
Back in the 1930s, Type 901 was dubbed the Rapid by Skoda. The second time Skoda used the Rapid name was for the rear engine Rapid Coupe in the 1980s. The name Rapid was used in the 21st century when Skoda India introduced the C-segment sedan in India. Ever since its debut in the Indan market, Skoda has sold over a lakh units of the Rapid sedan.
SKODA Auto India Employees celebrate the production of the 1,00,000th Rapid Sedan
Zac Hollis, Director - Sales, Service and Marketing, Skoda Auto India said, "The Rapid continues to offer a compelling combination of the brand's emotive design, exquisite interiors, leading safety as well as intelligent connectivity features. The production milestone is a testament to its strong equity among discerning customers in a dynamically evolving automotive market like India. With this accomplishment, we commit a stronger product portfolio and enhanced ownership experience - ascertaining, peace of mind comes standard with a Skoda."
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34 Lakhs
- OpinionWhy the price difference between the Skoda Karoq and VW T-Roc?
- NewsF1 2020: Races to go ahead even if a driver tests positive for COVID-19
- NewsWorld Environment Day: Hyundai India emphasises on green mobility services adopted at dealerships
- News2020 Mini Countryman facelift unveiled globally
- NewsVolvo reports a 25.5 per cent drop in global sales in May 2020
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!