Skoda Kodiaq India launch set for October 4, 2017
The Skoda Kodiaq SUV launch date will be October 4, 2017. Skoda India has already been extremely active this year with the launches of the 2017 Skoda Octavia, the Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo and most recently, the Skoda Octavia RS. The Skoda Kodiaq will the new SUV to enter the line up in the India. We understand that Skoda dealers have already been taking bookings for the Kodiaq which is expected to fall into the Rs 32-40 lakh price range. The Kodiaq is likely to be positioned against the popular Toyota Fortuner - recently updated and the resurgent new Ford Endeavour albeit the Skoda is slightly smaller in size. The price also puts the Kodiaq within hunting range of the entry-trims of the German compact SUVs.
The Skoda Kodiaq 7-seater SUV is set to launch on October 7
Ashutosh Dixit, director - sales, service and marketing, Skoda Auto India told OVERDRIVE earlier, "Kodiaq will be very uniquely placed. In terms of the size it's a 7-seater. In terms of the equipment level it will go up against the luxury competitors and in terms of the pricing, it will be positioned like a Skoda - accessible and value for money. I think in combination it will create a very strong place for itself within the SUV sector."
Based on the Vision S Concept, which was showcased at the Geneva Motor Show, the Kodiaq carries a few design cues of the concept. The grille, headlamp shape and fog lamps are similar to the concept. The side profile on the Kodiaq bears the same belt line crease that runs from the front fender, all the way up to the rear fender and the wrapping around the boot. A few design elements in the interior are inspired by the flagship sedan, the Superb - check out the image gallery. Skoda says that the Kodiaq has the largest cabin in its class. The interior length is 1,793mm. The elbow room is 1,527mm front and 1,510mm at the rear. The head room for the front passenger's measures 1,020m, while for the rear it's 1,014mm. Rear legroom measures up to 104mm. The Kodiaq will be based on Skoda's MQB platform which also underpins the the new Superb and Octavia. It is also the base for the Audi Q7 - also launched recently.
The Skoda Kodiaq SUV will expand the Skoda India range and take the fight to the likes of the Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour
The 2.0-litre 177PS TDI diesel mill is most likely to do duty. The engine already powers the 2016 Skoda Superb, and is quite a charmer. Also on offer might be a petrol engine which we expect to be a 180PS 1.8-litre TSI or a 180PS 2.0-litre TSI. The engine might come mated to a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG, with the drive being sent to either the front or all four wheels.
OVERDRIVE will be live from the launch of the Skoda Kodiaq: stay tuned!
Starts Rs 34.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign
- NewsPorsche buys 10% stake in EV supercar-maker Rimac