Skoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
Soon after a few teasers of the Skoda Kodiaq RS' exterior were released, the interiors of the new performance SUV have now been shown ahead of the car's unveiling at the 2018 Paris Motor Show.
The SUV's more outward, sporty demeanour is reflected in the interiors too. There is a flat-bottom RS steering-wheel, carbon-fibre trim on the dash and door panels, and contrasting red stitching is seen on the dash, doors, centre console, steering and seats.
The front seats themselves are now trimmed in leather and Alcantara, have quilting and come with an integrated headrest. The roof-lining is now black. Another notable addition is a new all-digital instrument cluster, similar to the virtual cockpit system found in Audi cars.
Unlike the Skoda Octavia RS, The Kodiaq RS will be available in a single diesel engine option in both five and seven-seater options. The 2.0-litre twin-turbo motor is already available in the international spec Volkswagen Passat where it produces 240PS and 500Nm. Performance figures for the Kodiaq RS should be in the same ballpark as the Passat which gets from 0 to 100 kmph in 6.1s and on to a top speed of 250 kmph. This engine could also find its way into the next Octavia RS.
If launched in India, the Kodiaq RS will come in at around the Rs 40 lakh mark which puts it in the crosshairs of a number of luxury SUVs. This is a disadvantage, but Indian buyers have always shown interest in Skoda's RS cars, and the Kodiaq RS could fill out a niche not seen so far in India.
Starts Rs 34.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.99 Lakhs
- News2018 INMRC: TVS Racing's Jagan Kumar wins the Super Sport 165cc championship
- News2019 Suzuki Hayabusa bookings open in India at Rs 1 lakh
- NewsDroom hosts India's first pre-owned automotive awards
- NewsNew Land Rover Defender teased, will debut in 2019
- NewsMahindra XUV300 SUV is the official name of S201, to be launched in February 2019
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019