Skoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
Soon after a few teasers of the Skoda Kodiaq RS' exterior were released, the interiors of the new performance SUV have now been shown ahead of the car's unveiling at the 2018 Paris Motor Show.
The SUV's more outward, sporty demeanour is reflected in the interiors too. There is a flat-bottom RS steering-wheel, carbon-fibre trim on the dash and door panels, and contrasting red stitching is seen on the dash, doors, centre console, steering and seats.
The front seats themselves are now trimmed in leather and Alcantara, have quilting and come with an integrated headrest. The roof-lining is now black. Another notable addition is a new all-digital instrument cluster, similar to the virtual cockpit system found in Audi cars.
Unlike the Skoda Octavia RS, The Kodiaq RS will be available in a single diesel engine option in both five and seven-seater options. The 2.0-litre twin-turbo motor is already available in the international spec Volkswagen Passat where it produces 240PS and 500Nm. Performance figures for the Kodiaq RS should be in the same ballpark as the Passat which gets from 0 to 100 kmph in 6.1s and on to a top speed of 250 kmph. This engine could also find its way into the next Octavia RS.
If launched in India, the Kodiaq RS will come in at around the Rs 40 lakh mark which puts it in the crosshairs of a number of luxury SUVs. This is a disadvantage, but Indian buyers have always shown interest in Skoda's RS cars, and the Kodiaq RS could fill out a niche not seen so far in India.
Starts Rs 34.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 30.2 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip