Skoda Kodiaq RS performance SUV teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil
Skoda is looking to make a big splash at the upcoming Paris Motor Show with its newest performance model, the Skoda Kodiaq RS. The SUV is already the quickest seven-seater around the Nurburgring and now the company has released a few teaser shots of the car to build further interest.
These images highlight the SUV's sporty bend with details like the 20-inch wheels and the black accents on the mirrors. There are two functional exhausts at the rear along with a full-length red strip just below the bootlid. Additionally, there is prominent RS badging on the front grille and the bootlid. These wheels are the largest ever fitted to Skoda car as standard, 17-inch brake callipers will handle stopping duties.
Other than what has been seen so far, we expect the Kodiaq RS to come with blacked out LED headlamps, a more aggressive front bumper design, and a stiffer suspension setup along with a drop in ride height. Interiors should see sports seats, Alcantara trim and an all black layout, along with most features already found in the standard top-spec Kodiaq.
Unlike the Skoda Octavia RS, The Kodiaq RS will likely be available in a single diesel engine option. The 2.0-litre twin-turbo motor is already available in the international spec Volkswagen Passat where it produces 240PS and 500Nm. Performance figures for the Kodiaq RS should be in the same ballpark as the Passat which gets from 0 to 100 kmph in 6.1s and on to a top speed of 250 kmph. This engine could also find its way into the next Octavia RS.
If launched in India, the Kodiaq RS will come in at around the Rs 40 lakh mark which puts it in the crosshairs of a number of luxury SUVs. This is a disadvantage, but Indian buyers have always shown interest in Skoda's RS cars, and the Kodiaq RS could fill out a niche not seen so far in India.
See a short video teaser for the Kodia RS below:
Starts Rs 34.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.99 Lakhs
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000
- NewsTVS Apache RR 310, NTorq 125 and Apache RTR 160 4V launched in Peru