Skoda Kodiaq RS performance SUV teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil
Skoda is looking to make a big splash at the upcoming Paris Motor Show with its newest performance model, the Skoda Kodiaq RS. The SUV is already the quickest seven-seater around the Nurburgring and now the company has released a few teaser shots of the car to build further interest.
These images highlight the SUV's sporty bend with details like the 20-inch wheels and the black accents on the mirrors. There are two functional exhausts at the rear along with a full-length red strip just below the bootlid. Additionally, there is prominent RS badging on the front grille and the bootlid. These wheels are the largest ever fitted to Skoda car as standard, 17-inch brake callipers will handle stopping duties.
Other than what has been seen so far, we expect the Kodiaq RS to come with blacked out LED headlamps, a more aggressive front bumper design, and a stiffer suspension setup along with a drop in ride height.Interiors should see sports seats, Alcantara trim and an all black layout, along with most features already found in the standard top-spec Kodiaq.
Unlike the SkodaOctavia RS, The Kodiaq RS will likely be available in a single diesel engine option. The 2.0-litre twin-turbo motor is already available in the international specVolkswagen Passatwhere it produces 240PS and 500Nm. Performance figures for the Kodiaq RS should be in the same ballpark as the Passat which gets from 0 to 100 kmph in 6.1s and on to a top speed of 250 kmph. This engine could also find its way into the next Octavia RS.
If launched in India, the Kodiaq RS will come in at around the Rs 40 lakh mark whichputs it in the crosshairs of a number of luxury SUVs. This is a disadvantage, butIndian buyers have always shown interest in Skoda's RS cars, and the Kodiaq RS could fill out a niche not seen so far in India.
See a short video teaser for the Kodia RS below:
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race: Volkswagen Vento TC4-A Racecar first drive review