Skoda Kodiaq RS teased ahead of October unveiling
After reports suggested that Skoda could debut a high-performance variant of its Kodiaq SUV, the company has officially released a teaser image of the Skoda Kodiaq RS to confirm this. The image doesn't reveal much other than the SUV's LED lighting, which itself is carried over from the standard car.
Unlike the Skoda Octavia RS, The Kodiaq RS will likely be available in a single diesel engine option. The 2.0-litre twin-turbo motor is already available in the international spec Volkswagen Passat where it produces 240PS and 500Nm. Performance figures for the Kodiaq RS should be in the same ballpark as the Passat which gets from 0 to 100 kmph in 6.1s and on to a top speed of 250 kmph. This engine could also find its way into the next Octavia RS.
Picture for representation only
The Kodiaq RS will also get a host of visual upgrades common to Skoda's RS cars. These will most likely be blacked out full-LED headlamps, aggressive front and rear bumpers, a stiffer suspension setup along with a drop in ride height, and larger tyres. Interiors should see sports seats, Alcantara trim and an all black layout, along with most features already found in the standard top-spec Kodiaq.
If launched in India, the Kodiaq RS will come in at around the Rs 40 lakh mark which puts it in the crosshairs of a number of luxury SUVs. This is a disadvantage, but Indian buyers have always shown interest in Skoda's RS cars, and the Kodiaq RS could fill out a niche not seen so far in India.
Starts Rs 34.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.99 Lakhs
Team OD | 13 Jun 2018
Team OD | 11 Jun 2018
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness
- NewsIsuzu introduces X-Power variants of the D-Max and the MU-X
- NewsImage gallery: BMW 8 Series coupe
- NewsApple hires former Waymo engineer for its self-driving car project Titan
- NewsBentley Bentayga Speed SUV will have more muscle and big change in its design
- NewsChevrolet to conduct Monsoon Service Camp across India
- NewsBMW takes the covers off the new 8 Series coupe