Skoda Kodiaq Scout SUV to launch in India by late 2019
Reports suggest that Skoda India will launch a new variant of its biggest SUV, the Skoda Kodiaq Scout in India around October 2019. Like other Scout models from the brand, this is the more off-road focused variant of the Kodaiq.
The Kodiaq Scout comes with a few changes to showcase its off-road credibility. Most noticeable is the subtle new bodykit that gives its a slightly beefier bumper by way of the more aggressive siler-accented skidplates. The side profile gets slightly tweaked body-cladding and new 19-inch alloys. There's more silver accents to the grille, wing mirrors and rear as well. The interiors of the Scout get a wood and grey design theme with Alcantara seat trim and Scout badging.
Mechanically there aren't too many changes to the Scout. The version coming to India should still be powered by the 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine which puts out 150PS and 340Nm. This is paired with a seven-speed dual clutch gearbox and AWD. New should be a dedicated off-troad mode for the drivetrain which adjust the engine, gearbox and electronics to function better off-road and a slightly raised ride height.
We expect the equipmet list to remain the same as the other cars. So expect features like led hadlampos, keyless entry, push start, three-zone climate control, ambient lighting, a panoramic sunroof, powered driver and passenger seats, among other things.
We expect the Skoda Kodaiq Scout to be priced between the Style and Laurin and Klement version of the SUV, which cost Rs 35.36 lakh and 36.79 lakh respectively
Starts Rs 34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.83 Lakhs
- NewsUpcoming crossovers expected to launch in India by end of 2020
- NewsMG Hector BSVI diesel prices start at Rs 13.88 lakh
- NewsBajaj-KTM developing e-mopeds for India, expected launch in 2022
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Honda 2Wheelers pledges support to its dealerships
- NewsMahindra Scorpio BSVI: What has changed?
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055