Skoda Octavia Onyx Edition to launch in India this month
Skoda India has recently released a teaser image of the Octavia Onyx edition. The company dealerships have still not started taking bookings, but we believe it is expected to initiate soon. The Skoda Octavia Onyx edition will be launched in India in the next few weeks. This will be a limited edition model with a run of 200 units with subtle cosmetic additions. This special edition model will retain its mechanicals from the regular model.
Skoda presently sells the Octavia Black Edition in the international markets, however the India-spec Onyx Edition will not be similar to that. The cosmetic additions that will be offered on the Octavia Onyx Edition include blackened ORVMs and alloy wheels. Unlike the international model, the interior of this model doesn't feature the all-black treatment. It instead will carry the same theme as the Style Plus variant. It will be equipped with Bi-Xenon headlights, LED DRLs, park assist, 12-way electrically adjustable driver seat, panoramic sunroof, 6.5-inch LCD TFT touchscreen infotainment system with SmartLink and six airbags.
The Skoda Octavia Onyx Edition will be launched in both petrol and diesel engines. Since the Onyx Edition will be positioned above the Style Plus trim, it will be offered with automatic transmissions only. The petrol models be powered by a180PS/250Nm 1.8-litre motor mated to a 7-speed dual clutch unit. The diesel models will use the 143PS/320Nm 2.0-litre motor paired with a 6-speed DSG box.
Skoda Octavia vRS
Last year, Skoda announced its plans of investing over Rs 100 crore in India, out of which Rs 60 crore has been invested already. The company had stated that the rest of the investments will be used in product enhancements, brand network development and an all-new product. We believe this limited edition Octavia as well as the upcoming Rapid Monte Carlo edition will be a part of the product enhancement plan. Additionally, Skoda will also bring the Octavia facelift along with the Octavia vRS in sometime mid this year. However, the big launch that is scheduled this year is that of Skoda Kodiaq.
Starts Rs 15.87 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh