Skoda Octavia Onyx Edition to launch in India this month
Skoda India has recently released a teaser image of the Octavia Onyx edition. The company dealerships have still not started taking bookings, but we believe it is expected to initiate soon. The Skoda Octavia Onyx edition will be launched in India in the next few weeks. This will be a limited edition model with a run of 200 units with subtle cosmetic additions. This special edition model will retain its mechanicals from the regular model.
Skoda presently sells the Octavia Black Edition in the international markets, however the India-spec Onyx Edition will not be similar to that. The cosmetic additions that will be offered on the Octavia Onyx Edition include blackened ORVMs and alloy wheels. Unlike the international model, the interior of this model doesn't feature the all-black treatment. It instead will carry the same theme as the Style Plus variant. It will be equipped with Bi-Xenon headlights, LED DRLs, park assist, 12-way electrically adjustable driver seat, panoramic sunroof, 6.5-inch LCD TFT touchscreen infotainment system with SmartLink and six airbags.
The Skoda Octavia Onyx Edition will be launched in both petrol and diesel engines. Since the Onyx Edition will be positioned above the Style Plus trim, it will be offered with automatic transmissions only. The petrol models be powered by a180PS/250Nm 1.8-litre motor mated to a 7-speed dual clutch unit. The diesel models will use the 143PS/320Nm 2.0-litre motor paired with a 6-speed DSG box.
Skoda Octavia vRS
Last year, Skoda announced its plans of investing over Rs 100 crore in India, out of which Rs 60 crore has been invested already. The company had stated that the rest of the investments will be used in product enhancements, brand network development and an all-new product. We believe this limited edition Octavia as well as the upcoming Rapid Monte Carlo edition will be a part of the product enhancement plan. Additionally, Skoda will also bring the Octavia facelift along with the Octavia vRS in sometime mid this year. However, the big launch that is scheduled this year is that of Skoda Kodiaq.
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.84 Lakhs
- News2018 Blancpain GT Series Asia: Aditya Patel and OD Racing finish in the points at Fuji Speedway
- News2018 Baja Aragon: Sherco TVS factory rally team's Michael Metge wins 35th edition of event
- NewsFCA appoints Mike Manley as the new CEO
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India in early September
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh