Skoda Octavia Onyx Edition to launch in India this month
Skoda India has recently released a teaser image of the Octavia Onyx edition. The company dealerships have still not started taking bookings, but we believe it is expected to initiate soon. The Skoda Octavia Onyx edition will be launched in India in the next few weeks. This will be a limited edition model with a run of 200 units with subtle cosmetic additions. This special edition model will retain its mechanicals from the regular model.
Skoda presently sells the Octavia Black Edition in the international markets, however the India-spec Onyx Edition will not be similar to that. The cosmetic additions that will be offered on the Octavia Onyx Edition include blackened ORVMs and alloy wheels. Unlike the international model, the interior of this model doesn't feature the all-black treatment. It instead will carry the same theme as the Style Plus variant. It will be equipped with Bi-Xenon headlights, LED DRLs, park assist, 12-way electrically adjustable driver seat, panoramic sunroof, 6.5-inch LCD TFT touchscreen infotainment system with SmartLink and six airbags.
The Skoda Octavia Onyx Edition will be launched in both petrol and diesel engines. Since the Onyx Edition will be positioned above the Style Plus trim, it will be offered with automatic transmissions only. The petrol models be powered by a180PS/250Nm 1.8-litre motor mated to a 7-speed dual clutch unit. The diesel models will use the 143PS/320Nm 2.0-litre motor paired with a 6-speed DSG box.
Skoda Octavia vRS
Last year, Skoda announced its plans of investing over Rs 100 crore in India, out of which Rs 60 crore has been invested already. The company had stated that the rest of the investments will be used in product enhancements, brand network development and an all-new product. We believe this limited edition Octavia as well as the upcoming Rapid Monte Carlo edition will be a part of the product enhancement plan. Additionally, Skoda will also bring the Octavia facelift along with the Octavia vRS in sometime mid this year. However, the big launch that is scheduled this year is that of Skoda Kodiaq.
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.84 Lakhs
- FeaturesReady to race
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore