Skoda Octavia recalled in India to fix faulty child locks
Skoda India is recalling the Octavia sedan over faulty child locks. About 539 Octavia cars, which were manufactured between November 2015 - April 2016, are part of the recall. Skoda dealers will contact the affected customers for an appointment.
Skoda says the manual child locks of the rear doors of the Octavia will be inspected during this campaign. If required, they will be replaced within 45 minutes. The entire assessment of these locks will be finished in 12 minutes, which means that the customer will not have to wait for a longer duration. Of course, the customer doesn't have to pay to get this replaced.
The third-generation Octavia was launched in India in 2013. While there was the initial hype about the car with the Indian audience, it fizzled out quickly. The Skoda Octavia was priced too close to the Superb, at which point, customers preferred to move onto the much bigger as well as spacious latter option. The engines were also shared between the two, making it a much easier choice for the customers.
While the Skoda aftersales wasn't rated the best in the business by customers, the brand recently announced its future plans. This included roadside assistance and warranty on all-new cars will be standard. Menu pricing will also be introduced; customers have the option to choose a specific service tailored for them and available at the same rate across India. If customers aren't given an itemised bill by the service centre, Skoda India will bear the costs of the service. In a few days, the company will also launch the MySkoda app that will help customers monitor their vehicles' service history as well as book an appointment for a service.
Skoda will also introduce new products in India in the next few years. This includes special editions of the Octavia, refreshed Rapid and the all-new Kodiaq SUV. The company is also investing close to Rs 100 crore in the Indian market.
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India