Skoda Octavia to be launched in India on October 3
Skoda is ready to launch the new Octavia in India on October 3. There are three different engines on offer in the new Octavia - 1.4TSI, 1.8TSI and 2.0TDI. Skoda also offers a choice of three transmissions, a 6-speed manual and 6-speed and 7-speed DSG boxes. Customers can opt from six colours with more in the offing in the future. The three trims Active, Ambition and Elegance will have 16-inch alloy wheels as standard, with the top end offering bi-xenon headlamps, cruise control and even six airbags.
2013 Skoda unveiled
Our first drive of the 2014 Octavia confirms that Skoda has got it right for the Indian market. The 1.4TSI offers good fuel economy while the 1.8TSI brings along great performance. The 2.0TDI, meanwhile, combines best of both the worlds. Now for the final pricing? We expect the base 1.4TSI to be priced around Rs 11.5 lakh, while the top-end diesel should cost about Rs 17 lakh, all prices being ex-Maharashtra. Skoda is also upping the ante with their service centres and a new online service estimate calculator up on their website.
Read our Skoda Octavia review here
Starts Rs 15.99 Lakhs
- NewsMahindra Adventure Super XUV300: Everything you need to know
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza facelift could get side airbags and sunroof
- NewsCF Moto 250NK, 400NK, 650MT and 650 NK motorcycles to be launched in India on July 4
- NewsVolkswagen ties up with Zoomcar for subscription based service in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Ford Puma SUV