Skoda Octavia vRS to be launched in India on September 1, 2017
Skoda will now be launching the Octavia VRS in India on September 1, 2017. The Czech manufacturer began accepting bookings for the vRS earlier this month.
The vRS gets a 2.0 litre turbo-petrol that puts out 230PS and can propel the car to a top speed of 250km/h. This time around, Skoda may also spring a surprise by bringing a diesel Octavia vRS too. If it makes it to the market, it will be powered by the familiar 2.0 litre turbo-diesel, albeit in a higher state of tune, producing 184PS. The transmission choices on offer will be a 6-speed DSG or a 6-speed manual. An all-wheel drive version might also make its way to India, but that's a speculation, for now.
The vRS differs from the stock Octavia in a large number of aspects. Apart from the engine, there are changes to the chassis and suspension make the car sportier. The wheels are larger and lighter and come in sizes ranging from 17-inch to 19-inch. A functional body kit that includes side-skirts and a tailgate spoiler add to the stability, considering the ride in power.
In terms of equipment, the vRS is expected to get a 9.2 inch touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto with Mirrorlink. With a sportier steering wheel, and signature vRS inserts inside the cabin, the interior is expected to be as sporty as the exterior.
Advanced driving aids such as Predictive Pedestrian Protection, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind Spot Detection, Trailer Assist and Dynamic Chassis Control will be present as well. There will also be a built-in online service software that will enable communication between the vehicle and the owner via a smartphone app.
The Skoda vRS enjoys a cult following, courtesy of the 1st generation model launched back in early 2000s. After nearly a decade, the second gen vRS under the Laura moniker was also received well. And seeing the current level of acceptance among people for performance editions, this vRS may find acceptance, if the speculated price of Rs 24-25 lakh is anything to go by.
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh