Skoda Octavia vRS to be launched in India on September 1, 2017
Skoda will now be launching the Octavia VRS in India on September 1, 2017. The Czech manufacturer began accepting bookings for the vRS earlier this month.
The vRS gets a 2.0 litre turbo-petrol that puts out 230PS and can propel the car to a top speed of 250km/h. This time around, Skoda may also spring a surprise by bringing a diesel Octavia vRS too. If it makes it to the market, it will be powered by the familiar 2.0 litre turbo-diesel, albeit in a higher state of tune, producing 184PS. The transmission choices on offer will be a 6-speed DSG or a 6-speed manual. An all-wheel drive version might also make its way to India, but that's a speculation, for now.
The vRS differs from the stock Octavia in a large number of aspects. Apart from the engine, there are changes to the chassis and suspension make the car sportier. The wheels are larger and lighter and come in sizes ranging from 17-inch to 19-inch. A functional body kit that includes side-skirts and a tailgate spoiler add to the stability, considering the ride in power.
In terms of equipment, the vRS is expected to get a 9.2 inch touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto with Mirrorlink. With a sportier steering wheel, and signature vRS inserts inside the cabin, the interior is expected to be as sporty as the exterior.
Advanced driving aids such as Predictive Pedestrian Protection, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind Spot Detection, Trailer Assist and Dynamic Chassis Control will be present as well. There will also be a built-in online service software that will enable communication between the vehicle and the owner via a smartphone app.
The Skoda vRS enjoys a cult following, courtesy of the 1st generation model launched back in early 2000s. After nearly a decade, the second gen vRS under the Laura moniker was also received well. And seeing the current level of acceptance among people for performance editions, this vRS may find acceptance, if the speculated price of Rs 24-25 lakh is anything to go by.
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers