Skoda Octavia vRS to be launched in India on September 1, 2017
Skoda will now be launching the Octavia VRS in India on September 1, 2017. The Czech manufacturer began accepting bookings for the vRS earlier this month.
The vRS gets a 2.0 litre turbo-petrol that puts out 230PS and can propel the car to a top speed of 250km/h. This time around, Skoda may also spring a surprise by bringing a diesel Octavia vRS too. If it makes it to the market, it will be powered by the familiar 2.0 litre turbo-diesel, albeit in a higher state of tune, producing 184PS. The transmission choices on offer will be a 6-speed DSG or a 6-speed manual. An all-wheel drive version might also make its way to India, but that's a speculation, for now.
The vRS differs from the stock Octavia in a large number of aspects. Apart from the engine, there are changes to the chassis and suspension make the car sportier. The wheels are larger and lighter and come in sizes ranging from 17-inch to 19-inch. A functional body kit that includes side-skirts and a tailgate spoiler add to the stability, considering the ride in power.
In terms of equipment, the vRS is expected to get a 9.2 inch touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto with Mirrorlink. With a sportier steering wheel, and signature vRS inserts inside the cabin, the interior is expected to be as sporty as the exterior.
Advanced driving aids such as Predictive Pedestrian Protection, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind Spot Detection, Trailer Assist and Dynamic Chassis Control will be present as well. There will also be a built-in online service software that will enable communication between the vehicle and the owner via a smartphone app.
The Skoda vRS enjoys a cult following, courtesy of the 1st generation model launched back in early 2000s. After nearly a decade, the second gen vRS under the Laura moniker was also received well. And seeing the current level of acceptance among people for performance editions, this vRS may find acceptance, if the speculated price of Rs 24-25 lakh is anything to go by.
Starts Rs 15.87 Lakhs
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra extends his lead after SS5
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India