Skoda produces its 1,00,000th third-gen Superb worldwide
Skoda has announced that it has produced its 100,000th third-gen Superb worldwide. The Skoda Superb that marks this milestone rolled off the Skoda production line in Kvasiny on May 11, 2016. With over 850,000 produced to date, the Skoda Superb was first introduced in 2001, whereas the third-gen edition was introduced into the market in March 2015.
Skoda has also invested a large amount of capital into the Kvasiny plant, prior to the production of the third-gen Superb. Out of the total investment, around Rs 475 crore went into a new body construction-line for its upcoming SUV. Skoda also plans to invest a total of over Rs 2,000 crore into the Kvasiny plant by 2018 and create 2,000 jobs, with production gradually getting bumped up to 2,80,000 units annually.
The Skoda Superb comes in three engine options in the Indian spec. The first is a 1.8-litre turbocharged petrol engine producing 180PS and 320Nm of torque paired to a 6-speed manual transmission. The second is the same 1.8-litre turbo-petrol unit but produces lesser torque of 250Nm and paired to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. The third option is a 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel burner producing 177PS and 350Nm of torque, paired to a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
Starts Rs 25.34 Lakhs
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019