Skoda produces its 1,00,000th third-gen Superb worldwide
Skoda has announced that it has produced its 100,000th third-gen Superb worldwide. The Skoda Superb that marks this milestone rolled off the Skoda production line in Kvasiny on May 11, 2016. With over 850,000 produced to date, the Skoda Superb was first introduced in 2001, whereas the third-gen edition was introduced into the market in March 2015.
Skoda has also invested a large amount of capital into the Kvasiny plant, prior to the production of the third-gen Superb. Out of the total investment, around Rs 475 crore went into a new body construction-line for its upcoming SUV. Skoda also plans to invest a total of over Rs 2,000 crore into the Kvasiny plant by 2018 and create 2,000 jobs, with production gradually getting bumped up to 2,80,000 units annually.
The Skoda Superb comes in three engine options in the Indian spec. The first is a 1.8-litre turbocharged petrol engine producing 180PS and 320Nm of torque paired to a 6-speed manual transmission. The second is the same 1.8-litre turbo-petrol unit but produces lesser torque of 250Nm and paired to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. The third option is a 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel burner producing 177PS and 350Nm of torque, paired to a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
Starts Rs 25.34 Lakhs
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa