Skoda Rapid TSI automatic to be launched in India on September 17
Skoda India has revealed that it will launch the automatic version of the Skoda Rapid TSI in India on September 17. Bookings for the Rapid automatic have already begun with a refundable deposit of Rs 25,000 at all Skoda dealerships or online on the Skoda India website. Deliveries of the Rapir AT will begin on September 18.
We expect it to be the same six-speed torque-converter unit that is available in the BSVI Volkswagen Polo GT. The 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI motor in the Rapid makes 11oPS and 175 Nm. With the six-speed manual, this motor can return 18.97 kmpl.
Skoda India had launched the BSVI-compliant Skoda Rapid TSI sedan with prices starting from Rs 7.49 lakh, ex-showroom. This was for the base Rider trim. But heavy demand made Skoda replace that with the Rider Plus at Rs 7.99 lakh. The variant list of the Rapid has now been expanded further with the introduction of the Ambition, Onyx and Monte Carlo trim levels.
The Ambition trim costs Rs 9.99 lakh, the Onyx comes in at Rs 10.19 lakh. The Style version costs Rs 11.49 lakh while the Monte Carlo costs 11.79 lakh. There are numerous paint options unique to each trim level. Further certain colours can be had with contrasting dark elements. Notable features are a new 8 inch Android infotainment system, a dual-tone leatherette interior for the Onyx and green-tinted glass. We expect the automatic version to command an approximately Rs 75,000 to Rs 1 lakh premium over the manual versions.
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- NewsThree lakh units production milestone achieved for the Tata Tiago
- NewsDucati Scrambler 1100 Pro BSVI launched in India, prices start from Rs. 11.95 lakh
- NewsTata Altroz diesel now more affordable with Rs 40,000 price cut
- NewsVolkswagen's first electric SUV, the ID.4, will include 3-years of free fast charging in the US
- NewsFord Endeavour Sport launched in India, prices start from Rs 35.10 lakh