Skoda teases coupe-SUV concept likely to be called Vision E
In a release that went out the media recently, koda has showcased a video about the Bohemian crystal work that inspires the Czech carmaker's design themes. The video is believed to be a teaser to the next concept in koda's 'Vision' series and is likely to be called the Vision E.
The teaser image points towards a new coupé-SUV concept headed for the 2017 Shanghai Auto Show
While the Vision D, Vision C and Vision S that preceded it acted as a precursor for the Octavia, Superb and the Kodiaq, the Vision E will preview a coupé crossover that is expected to take shape as the Kodiaq coupé. Earlier reports and a leaked presentation hinted that the Kodiaq coupé would be a model exclusive to China, but recent developments indicate that a global derivative is on the cards too. The latter is speculated to be based on the Volkswagen's MEB platform and will run on an all-electric drivetrain (hence the 'E' alphabet in the Vision E). The coupé form could also make it a 5-seater, unlike the 7-seater arrangement in the Kodiaq.
As the leaked information from a presentation suggests, Skoda is bolstering its SUV line-up and will include four vehicles including the India-bound Kodiaq (Photo courtesy: Car News China)
The concept will be unveiled at the 2017 Shanghai Auto Show, which is scheduled to be held between April 21-28, 2017.
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter quick ride review