Skoda teases coupe-SUV concept likely to be called Vision E
In a release that went out the media recently, koda has showcased a video about the Bohemian crystal work that inspires the Czech carmaker's design themes. The video is believed to be a teaser to the next concept in koda's 'Vision' series and is likely to be called the Vision E.
The teaser image points towards a new coupé-SUV concept headed for the 2017 Shanghai Auto Show
While the Vision D, Vision C and Vision S that preceded it acted as a precursor for the Octavia, Superb and the Kodiaq, the Vision E will preview a coupé crossover that is expected to take shape as the Kodiaq coupé. Earlier reports and a leaked presentation hinted that the Kodiaq coupé would be a model exclusive to China, but recent developments indicate that a global derivative is on the cards too. The latter is speculated to be based on the Volkswagen's MEB platform and will run on an all-electric drivetrain (hence the 'E' alphabet in the Vision E). The coupé form could also make it a 5-seater, unlike the 7-seater arrangement in the Kodiaq.
As the leaked information from a presentation suggests, Skoda is bolstering its SUV line-up and will include four vehicles including the India-bound Kodiaq (Photo courtesy: Car News China)
The concept will be unveiled at the 2017 Shanghai Auto Show, which is scheduled to be held between April 21-28, 2017.
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsRoyal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus edition unveiled, limited to 1000 units worldwide
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Baja Designs XL80 auxiliary lights
- News2018 Hyundai Elite i20 automatic reaches dealerships, priced at Rs 7.04 lakh
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar leads Elite Club division with podium finish in Italy
- NewsAutomobile events this week: May 21 - 27
- FeaturesAdvertorial: Balajee Bobba - Adventurer with an Eye on Safety #WhatDrivesYou
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift launched in India
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez delivers masterclass at Le Mans
- NewsSpecial feature: 2018 Mercedes-Benz OVERDRIVE Winter Drive
- NewsHyundai Creta facelift launched in India at a starting price of Rs 9.44 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)