Skoda teases coupe-SUV concept likely to be called Vision E
In a release that went out the media recently, koda has showcased a video about the Bohemian crystal work that inspires the Czech carmaker's design themes. The video is believed to be a teaser to the next concept in koda's 'Vision' series and is likely to be called the Vision E.
The teaser image points towards a new coupé-SUV concept headed for the 2017 Shanghai Auto Show
While the Vision D, Vision C and Vision S that preceded it acted as a precursor for the Octavia, Superb and the Kodiaq, the Vision E will preview a coupé crossover that is expected to take shape as the Kodiaq coupé. Earlier reports and a leaked presentation hinted that the Kodiaq coupé would be a model exclusive to China, but recent developments indicate that a global derivative is on the cards too. The latter is speculated to be based on the Volkswagen's MEB platform and will run on an all-electric drivetrain (hence the 'E' alphabet in the Vision E). The coupé form could also make it a 5-seater, unlike the 7-seater arrangement in the Kodiaq.
As the leaked information from a presentation suggests, Skoda is bolstering its SUV line-up and will include four vehicles including the India-bound Kodiaq (Photo courtesy: Car News China)
The concept will be unveiled at the 2017 Shanghai Auto Show, which is scheduled to be held between April 21-28, 2017.
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers