Skoda Vision X concept SUV based on VW T-Roc teased ahead of Geneva reveal
Skoda has released teaser sketches of its Volkswagen T-Roc-based SUV, the Skoda Vision X concept. The Skoda Vision X concept SUV will be showcased at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show in March. The Vision X SUV is expected to be launched in international markets in the second half of 2019. The Skoda Vision X concept shares styling cues with its siblings, the Skoda Karoq and Skoda Kodiaq. The sketches suggest that the Skoda Vision X concept will feature LED headlamps separated from the higher-placed LEd DRLs, a large chrome grille, panoramic sunroof, and large 20-inch alloy wheels. Skoda will reveal a close-to-production version of the Vision X at Geneva. While we believe that the Skoda Vision X SUV could make it to India following the launch of the Volkswagen T-Roc here, there is no word on an India debut for the former yet.
While the Vision X shares its Volkswagen Group MQB A0 platform with the Skoda Fabia, reports suggest the small SUV will have a significantly longer wheelbase than the hatchback, sharing wheelbase dimensions similar to the Skoda Rapid. Despite a platform developed to accommodate four-wheel drive, that is unlikely to make it to the Skoda Vision X. In terms of powertrains, the Vision X SUV will feature 1-litre and 1.5-litre turbo petrol, as well as 1.6-litre turbo diesel engine options, and will also be offered as a plug-in hybrid. Internationally, the Skoda Vision X will compete with the Volkswagen T-Roc, Mazda CX-3, and Nissan Juke.
Starts Rs 34.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.48 Lakhs
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show