Skoda working on a sub-Karoq SUV, expected India launch in 2021
Skoda debuted the Vision X concept at this year's Geneva Motor Show. The production version of the Vision X is expected to arrive at the next year's Geneva Show and will be positioned below the Karoq and the Kodiaq SUVs. Skoda has ambitious sales plans for the all-new entry-level SUV and is hoping it to be the second best selling SUV after the Karoq.
The production version of the Skoda Vision X concept SUV will arrive at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show
The Vision X based SUV will be built on the MQB A0 platform that also underpins the Volkswagen Polo sold in the international markets. Skoda has not mentioned the target sales that it wants to achieve with this new SUV. However, the company is increasing its production capacity of the Mlada Boleslav plant by 80,000 units wherein the production of the new SUV will form a major chunk, as stated by Automotive News Europe Home.
The Skoda Vision X Concept based SUV will be offered with hybrid powertrain in addition to the conventional options
The Vision X concept based SUV will be powered by an all-new 1.5-litre G-TEC turbocharged four-cylinder engine. This engine has been specially developed for a use with CNG. The CNG powertrain is supported by two electric motors for all-wheel drive. The 48-volt lithium-ion battery for the motors also benefits from charging via regenerative braking. The engine produces 130PS / 200Nm, with the electric motors providing an additional 70Nm.The Vision X also features drive modes so the driver can choose the mode that best suits their usage. The Vision X can go from 0 to 100kmph in a claimed 9.3 seconds, with a top speed of 200kmph. It has a combined range of nearly 650km.
It is already known that that a MQB A0 IN platform is in works for production of high volume models, especially for India. We can therefore expect the new Skoda SUV to be based on this platform that will help it position aggressively against its rivals in the country.
Starts Rs 5.54 Lakhs
- News2018 INMRC: Jagan Kumar widens lead in the Super Sport category
- NewsLive updates: Vazirani Shul electric hypercar showcased in India
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know