Sons of Vikrant: Bajaj and Leo Burnett's documentary now showing on YouTube
Bajaj Auto in association with Leo Burnett had recently screened the Sons of Vikrant documentary in Mumbai during a special event. This inspiring documentary has now been uploaded on YouTube. The documentary doesn't involve any bikes or cars, but it weaves a touching story of our naval veterans.
This heart-warming documentary is a collection of different stories shared by war veterans who have served onboard the INS Vikrant. The INS Vikrant was India's first aircraft carrier, which was decommissioned in 1997 and scrapped in 2014.
The war veterans featured in the Sons of Vikrant include Admiral Arun Prakash, Rear Admiral SK Gupta, Rear Admiral Peter Debrass, Lt. Cdr. Ashok Sinha, Commodore Medioma Bhada and Cdr. H.S. Rawat.
Commenting on the video, Sumeet Narang, Vice President - Marketing (Motorcycles), Bajaj Motorcycles, said "We saw a lot of social media conversations and media interest on the Bajaj V which contains the metal of INS Vikrant. As we delved deeper into Vikrant and started talking to people who worked on it, we also realised that there are many untold stories and memories behind the naval battleship INS Vikrant and its heroes. And since we had brought back the essence of Vikrant in the form of V, we realised that the onus was also on us to bring these stories together and share them with the nation."
Saurabh Varma, Chief Executive Officer, South Asia, Leo Burnett, said "With Sons of Vikrant, our idea was to bring out the untold stories of INS Vikrant and the war veterans and share the feeling of pride with millions. To create this documentary, we met many people who were part of the war to learn their stories. The footage ran into hours, which we had to bring down to 16 minutes."
While unveiling the V15, Bajaj Auto had said that it had procured scrap metal from the INS Vikrant which has been used to form the motorcycle's tank.
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic road test review
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP
- Review2018 SWM Superdual T road test review
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Five things to know before tomorrow's launch
- NewsTata Motors to organise nation-wide free service camp for its CV range in India