Spec comparison: New Suzuki Access 125 vs Suzuki Swish 125 vs Honda Activa 125 vs Mahindra Gusto 125 vs Piaggio Vespa 125
Suzuki has just launched the new Access 125 which is based on an all new platform. Compared to the previous model, the new Suzuki Access looks upmarket and is 10 kilos lighter. Although the new Access retains the 125cc engine from the previous model, Suzuki has updated the engine and it makes a higher 8.7PS of power and 10.2Nm of torque.
The new Access 125 also comes equipped with Suzuki Eco Performance (SEP) technology which claims to improve fuel economy. The all new Suzuki Access 125 competes against its sibling the Suzuki Swish 125, the Honda Activa 125, the Mahindra Gusto 125 and the Piaggio Vespa 125.
Although all scooters are powered by engines with similar cubic capacity, it's the Piaggio Vespa 125 that makes the maximum power and torque. However, the new Suzuki Access 125 is the lightest at 102kg while the Mahindra Gusto 125 tips the scale at 119kg.
The Piaggio Vespa 125 has the biggest fuel tank with a capacity of 7.8 litres. In comparison, the fuel tank of the Honda Activa 125 can hold a maximum of 5.3 litres. In terms of ground clearance the Activa 125 leads the pack at 165mm.
The Vespa 125 gets a 200mm front disc brake as standard while only the top trims of the Access 125 and the Activa 125 come equipped with one. The Vespa even gets alloy wheels along with the top Honda Activa 125 trim. All scooters get tubeless tyres as standard.
Here's a look at how these rivals compare against each other on paper.
Starts Rs 52,642
Starts Rs 49,420
Starts Rs 55,045
Starts Rs 57,497
Starts Rs 51,324
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launch in India tomorrow
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
- NewsAuto China 2018: All-new Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept teaser out
- NewsSIAM and Ministry of Road Transport and Highways kick-off road safety week
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen I. D. R Pikes Peak hill climb prototype racer revealed
- NewsUniform road tax across states soon, plans the central government
- NewsBMW 8 Series spotted testing in convertible form
- News2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 being offered at Rs 20,000 discount by dealership
- NewsHonda Monkey 125 confirmed for production
- NewsSpec comparo: Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S vs Harley-Davidson Street Rod