Spec Comparo: 2019 Yamaha MT-15 vs KTM 125 Duke vs Bajaj Pulsar NS200 vs TVS Apache RTR 200 4V
Yamaha MT-15 broke cover today and the Japanese have priced it at Rs 1.36 ex-showroom India. This puts the MT-15 in the market space lead by the KTM 125 Duke. Along with the Duke, the naked street motorcycles on offer are the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V and the Bajaj Pulsar NS200.
All the motorcycles in the comparo carry a naked street motorcycle design. The Yamaha MT-15 is essentially a Yamaha YZF-R15 V3 without the fairing. The bike also sports a flat handlebar which uprights the rider triangle. The KTM 125 Duke also has a handlebar setup with naked styling whereas the Bajaj Pulsar NS200 and the TVS Apache RTR200 4V have clip-on. The bikes have minimum body panels and exhibit some part of the engine when seen from the side profile.
In this comparo, motorcycles range from 125cc up to 200cc. The 125 Duke with its 124.7cc liquid-cooled engine makes the most modest power figure of 15PS and 12Nm of peak torque. Moving along the scale, the MT-15 produces 19.3PS and 14.7Nm of peak torque with its 155.1cc liquid cooled engine. The Pulsar NS200 and the Apache RTR200 4V produce 23.8PS, 18.3Nm of torque and 21PS,18Nm of torque respectively. The RTR200 4V is the only motorcycle in the comparo to have a five-speed gearbox while the others are offered with a six-speed gearbox
The KTM 125 Duke is equipped with an upside down fork setup up front while the others run on conventional telescopic forks. The KTM 125 Duke has the biggest brake rotor of 300mm and gets a single channel ABS. So far, only the TVS Apache RTR200 4V was offered with a dual channel ABS, however, the Yamaha MT-15 and the Bajaj NS200 get a single channel ABS.
Pricing (all prices ex-showroom)
The TVS Apache RTR 200 4V is priced at Rs 1.09 lakh and the Bajaj Pulsar NS200 is priced at Rs 1.11 lakh. The KTM 125 Duke sits above the two at Rs 1.17 lakh while the Yamaha MT-15 is the dearest to its customers at Rs 1.36 lakh.
Starts Rs 1,07,885
Starts Rs 1,18,000
Starts Rs 1,36,000
Starts Rs 19,85,424
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Royal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and 500 India launch
- NewsAston Martin DBS GT Zagato can be bought only with the the DB4 GT Zagato Continuation
- NewsMahindra's genuine spares will also be sold online on M2ALL.com
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip