Spec Comparo: Maruti Suzuki XL6 vs Honda BR-V vs Renault Lodgy
Maruti Suzuki XL6 has been launched in India for the introductory price of Rs 9.79 lakh. The XL6 is the more premium version of the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. That said, the Maruti Suzuki XL6 essentially rivals the same MPVs that were the Ertiga's rival, however, this time the XL6 has some trick up its sleeve. We compare the Honda BR-V and the Renault Lodgy to the newest entrant in the segment.
All the MPVs in the comparo displace the same 1.5-litre, however, have a power output ranging from 104PS (XL6) to 119PS (BR-V). The Renault Lodgy sits right in between at 110PS. Although the Lodgy is available with a more economic state of tune that produces 85PS. The XL6 is offered with only a petrol variant while the Lodgy gets only a diesel engine on offer. However, the Honda BR-V is the one with both petrol and a diesel variant. That said, we have considered the petrol option for it to directly stand against the Maruti Suzuki XL6.
Maruti Suzuki XL6
The XL6 is available in the choice of an automatic transmission which is priced at Rs 10.89-11.46 lakh ex-showroom for the respective variant. The standard offering is a five-speed manual gearbox. The BR-V also benefits from an automatic (CVT) variant, however, the Lodgy misses out on an automatic variant. Instead gets a choice of two gearbox - five and a six-speed manual depending on the trim level.
The Renault Lodgy ranges from Rs 9.03-12.55 lakh ex-showroom which makes it the most economical option in the comparo, however, the Lodgy misses out on the convenience of an automatic transmission. The prices of the XL6 range from Rs 9.79-11.46 lakh ex-showroom and offers an automatic in that pricing too. Honda BR-V petrol ranges between 9.68-13.01 lakh making it the dearest choice in the comparo.
Starts Rs 9.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.55 Lakhs
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Honda 2Wheelers recorded a sale of 54,820 units in May 2020
- NewsFormula 1 announces eight-round European leg for the 2020 season
- FeaturesFive tips on exterior car care
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Triumph Motorcycles to cut 400 jobs globally
- News2020 Datsun Redi-go BSVI facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 2.83 lakh
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!