Spec Comparo: Suzuki Gixxer vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4V vs Honda CB Hornet 160R
Suzuki Gixxer 155 street naked motorcycle has been launched in India for the price of Rs 1 lakh ex-showroom Delhi. The bike has received new styling, however, the mechanicals remains the same. The new Gixxer rivals the TVS Apache RTR 160 4V and the Honda CB Hornet 160R which are light on pocket and offer a sporty appeal on a budget. We put all the three motorcycles against each other on paper.
The Suzuki Gixxer gets a 155cc fuel-injected air-cooled engine that puts out 14.1PS at 8,000rpm and 14Nm at 6,000rpm, which is the lowest in our comparo. The CB Hornet 160R has the highest displacement at 162cc but produces 15PS at 8,500rpm and 14.5Nm at 6,500rpm. The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V has the highest power figures at 16.8PS at 8,000rpm and 14.8Nm of torque at 6,500rpm. All the motorcycles in the segment have a five-speed gearbox.
The suspension units on all the three motorcycles are similar - conventional telescopic forks in the front and adjustable mono-shock in the rear. Also, all the motorcycles get disc brakes on both ends. Along with single-channel ABS (antilock braking system). The fuel tank capacity of the motorcycles are the same as well - 12 litres.
The Honda CB Hornet 160R is the most economical option in the list which is priced at Rs 95,000. The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V is placed in the middle at Rs 99,000 and both of the motorcycles undercut the newly launched Suzuki Gixxer by Rs 4,000 at least.
Starts Rs 79,370
Starts Rs 1,00,212
Starts Rs 85,943
Starts Rs 99,950
- NewsBSVI petrol and diesel to be retailed at a higher price from April 1, 2020
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 BMW X5 M Competition
- NewsBSVI Honda Unicorn launched priced at Rs 93,593
- NewsMercedez-Benz EQA teased before 2020 Geneva Motor Show
- News2020 Skoda Octavia RS 245 priced at Rs 36 lakh, bookings commence from March 1
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055