Spec Comparo: Toyota Glanza v Maruti Suzuki Baleno v Honda Jazz v Hyundai Elite i20
Toyota Glanza hatchback has been launched in India and the prices start at Rs 7.21 lakh. The Galnza is offered in two trims and in two transmission options. Both trims are available in manual as well as an automatic transmission. The Glanza has arrived in a space pre-occupied by the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Honda Jazz and the Hyundai Elite i20. The Glanza misses out on a diesel variant so we pitch the car against its petrol competitors.
All the cars in the segment displace the same 1.2-litre from a four-cylinder engine. That said the power output is the highest from the Honda Jazz at 90PS however, the Hyundai Elite i20 offers the highest torque at 114Nm. Although the power to weight ratio is the highest of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno's
All the cars in the comparo have a touch screen infotainment system with features like android auto and apple car play. Along with Airbags and ABS (anti-lock braking system) as a standard feature. The Honda Jazz misses out in the projector headlamp while others come equipped with it. The Jazz comes equipped 15-inch alloy wheels while the other sport 16-inch alloy wheels.
The most economical offering is the Toyota Glanza if considered the top trim of the manual variant. And the Hyundai Elite i20 is the most expensive proposition here at Rs 8.05 lakh.
And the Maruti Suzuki Baleno undercuts the Honda Jazz by one thousand rupees and is priced at Rs 7.86 lakh. (all- prices ex-showroom Delhi)
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.42 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.22 Lakhs
- NewsKawasaki's supercharged 'Z' series motorcycle teased - likely to be supercharged Z1000
- Review2019 Renault Triber first drive review
- NewsTata Motors partners with what3words for simplified last-mile navigation on its vehicles
- NewsBajaj Dominar 400 price hiked by Rs 10,000 - now retails at Rs 1.90 lakh
- FeaturesInterview: CS Santosh on training for the 2020 Dakar and his new app for motorcycle riders