Spec comparo: Triumph Scrambler 1200 vs Ducati Scrambler 1100
Triumph recently launched the Scrambler 1200 in India for the price of Rs 10.73 lakh in India. This puts the Triumph Scrambler 1200 alongside Ducati Scrambler 1100 which is closely priced at Rs 10.91 lakh. Both prices ex-showroom India. That said, we put both these scramblers to scramble on the spec sheet to find out which one offers the most.
The Triumph Scrambler 1200 gets a parallel twin engine that puts out 90PS at 7400rpm and 110Nm 3950rpm. This is more than the Ducati Scrambler 1100 86PS at 7500rpm and 88Nm at 4750Nm produced from an L-twin engine. The Triumph offers liquid cooling whereas the Ducati gets only air-cooling system.
Scrambler 1200 gets Twin 320mm Brembo discs, Brembo M50 four-piston radial monobloc callipers in the front and a 255mm disc, Brembo two-piston floating calliper in the rear. The Scrambler 1100 gets dual 320mm semi-floating discs M4.32 callipers, 4-piston radially mounted Brembo Monobloc and a 245mm disc, single-piston floating calliper for the rear. The triumph gets ABS while the Ducati gets cornering ABS as well (antilock braking system).
Ducati Scrambler 1100 get Marzocchi fully adjustable 45mm upside down forks while the Triumph Scrambler 1200 gets Showa 45mm fully adjustable upside-down forks with 200mm of travel. In the rear, The Ducati gets Kayaba monoshock while the Triumph is equipped with fully adjustable Ohlins twin shocks.
Both the bikes get LCD screen for instrumentation display and both the motorcycles benefit from different riding modes and traction control system.
Also see: Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC First Ride Video
Starts Rs 10,91,000
Starts Rs 10,73,000
Starts Rs 7,89,000
- News2020 Corvette Stingray unveiled internationally - is all new in its C8 avatar
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ertiga Cross Concept showcased at Indonesia International Auto Show
- NewsSecond generation Hyundai Grand i10 hatchback spotted - India launch August 20
- News2019 MRF National Racing Championship: Ishaan Dodhiwala picks up maiden ITC win
- News2019 MRF National Racing Championship: Round 2 kicks off with Pratik Sonawane win in Ameo Cup