Spec comparo: Yamaha Saluto RX vs TVS Star City+ vs Honda Dream Neo
Yamaha India has just launched the Saluto RX, it's new 110cc commuter that's based on a completely new frame. The styling borrows cues from the Saluto 125 as well as the Alba and Gladiator. Yamaha says its targeted at the rural youth, and the styling reflects it. The bike weighs 98kg only, which is about 22kgs lighter than Yamaha's previous 100-110cc attempts.
The engine is all-new, and is Yamaha's first BS4 compliant 110cc engine in the country. It produces 7.5PS and 8.5Nm. The engine features Yamaha's Blue Core technology, that's also present in the new FZ Fi series, the Saluto 125 as well as the scooters. The claimed fuel economy is 82kmpl. The Saluto RX competes with the Honda Dream Neo and the TVS Star City+ +.
All the bikes here, get alloy wheels, electric/kick start and front and rear 130mm drum brakes as standard, except for the TVS that has a 110mm drum at the rear. The Start City+ and Honda Dream Neo get five-step adjustable shocks at the rear, however, the Saluto RX gets non-adjustable shock absorbers. The Yamaha Saluto RX's engine makes the least power amongst this trio. But it makes it up with lowest weight in the segment.
The Honda is the only one to get tubeless tyres, which is a notable addition, especially from the safety point of view. The TVS Star City + has the largest fuel tank at 10-litres, followed by the Honda Dream Neo at 8- litres and the Yamaha Saluto RX at 7.2-litres.
Here's a look at how these bikes stack up on paper.
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
Starts Rs 50,563
Starts Rs 45,991
Starts Rs 56,384
Starts Rs 47,721
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6