Spied: 2015 Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV testing in India
A couple of months ago, in an official statement, Chevrolet confirmed that they are bringing the Spin MPV and Trailblazer SUV to India. Now test mules of the Trailblazer are being spotted in India.
This Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV was spotted testing with heavy camouflage in Bangalore . It is an old-school ladder frame SUV. Chevrolet has also equipped it with 800mm wading capability and a 3-tonne towing capacity. The suspension comes with 5-links and dynamic driving technology. The Trailblazer's claim to fame should be its interior space, something which even third row passengers should be comfortable in.
Internationally, Chevy offers the Trailblazer in 163PS (2.5-litre turbo diesel) and 200PS (2.8-litre turbo diesel) configurations. The 6-speed manual transmission can only be ordered with the 2.5-litre form while the 6-speed auto gearbox is exclusively for the more powerful engine. Chevy also offers four-wheel drive on the 2.8-litre engine. This variant also gets electrically adjustable driver's seat.
It remains to be seen if the Trailblazer will be positioned above the Captiva or replaces it. Also going the CKD way may work for the company considering the Trailblazer's future rivals in the segment are all very competitively priced.
- FeaturesRemembering Martin Holmes
- FeaturesBook review - Niki Lauda: The Biography by Maurice Hamilton
- NewsHyundai Venue SUV to get iMT clutchless manual gearbox with 1.0-litre turbo
- NewsBSVI Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI to get automatic option in September 2020
- NewsAudi e-tron S and Audi e-tron S Sportback electric SUVs revealed
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block