Spied: 2015 Hyundai i20 testing in India, sans camouflage
We have spotted the new i20 testing with heavy cladding several times around Tamil Nadu. However an online forum has now captured images of the new Hyundai i20 minus camouflage.
The new Hyundai i20, carries forward the Fluidic Design philosophy but now in a 2.0 avatar. This design can also be found in the new Santa Fe and also the Grand i10/Xcent. A hexagonal airdam element with chrome outline with big headlamps make the front end. The new car will be bigger than the outgoing i20 and like the recent launches from Hyundai, will come with 15-inch diamond cut alloys on top-end trims. The rear, will also be radically changed with wraparound lights.
Inside the cabin, there will also be vast differences and expect it to tread the same path as the Xcent and Grand i10 but in a fashion befitting (read more premium) its price point.The same engines powering the outgoing i20 are also expected under the hood of the new car. Fuel efficiency though can be expected to be a tad higher with the emissions going south.
The new i20's starting price is expected to be closer to the Xcent's mid-level variants. It will be launched in India on August 11
Starts Rs 4.59 Lakhs
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India