Spied: 2015 Volkswagen Polo facelift export model testing in India
We broke the news a few weeks back that Volkswagen is all set to launch the Polo facelift in India by early to mid-July 2014. We have some more dough on the topic now with spy shots of the Polo facelift's left-hand-drive export model, which shows the new fascia that's coming to the India-spec Polo in a few months.
The most striking change that you'll notice is the new front bumper. It now features a revised fog-lamp assembly and has prominent chrome lining all around. While we expect the new bumper to come to the India-spec Polo, we believe that the chrome garnish will be saved for the Vento facelift.
Unlike the LED headlamps and daytime running lights seen on the new Euro-spec Polo, which debuted at Geneva, the test car seen here wears the conventional headlamps that are currently available on the Polo and Vento in India. On the India-spec facelift, we expect these to be replaced with double-barrel units similar to the ones seen on the Polo R Cup racecars.
The test mule seen here also wears the taillights from the older Polo export model
The test mule seen here also wears the taillights from the older Polo export model, which has a slightly different detailing than the local variant. You'll also notice the '1.6' badging in the spy shots, but as we told you earlier, the Indian models will be powered by the current crop of 1.2-litre NA and turbocharged petrol engines and will be joined by a new 1.5-litre turbo-diesel mill dereived from the current 1.6-litre oiler.
The most striking change that you'll notice is the new front bumper
As mentioned earlier, the Polo facelift will be launched in July 2014, however, since the Polo and the Vento have been receiving all the updates together, we won't be surprised if both the vehicles are given a facelift at the same time.
Starts Rs 5.54 Lakhs
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show