Spied: 2015 Volkswagen Vento facelift testing in India
Volkswagen has commenced tests of the facelifted Vento in India. It was only in late 2014 that VW had launched the updated Vento with a new TDI engine and some cosmetic changes. The Volkswagen Vento facelift which was caught testing though will only have a few updates on the skin.
For starters, the facelifted Volkswagen Vento will have a new grille similar to the one in the new Jetta and new bumpers with the one at the rear having a cut-out for the exhaust tip. The beige upholstery will have a darker tone than in the current car. As far as the engine options go, VW will be retaining the 105PS 1.2TSI and 1.6-litre petrol engines while the 105PS 1.5-litre diesel motor will also soldier on in the 250Nm guise. The 1.6-litre petrol comes mated to a five-speed manual but the 1.5 TDI and the 1.2 TSI can both be opted for with the seven-speed DSG gearboxes as well.
Visual changes at the rear include the placing of the badging. People at the OD office remain divided on how they feel about that
A darker tone of beige may be the only difference inside the cabin
Volkswagen currently manufactures the car at its Chakan facility. While earlier the engines were being imported, VW India has recently started local assembly of the 1.5-litre TDI motor. The company is also looking to assemble the TSI motor here as well at a later stage.
Starts Rs 8.33 Lakhs
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019
- Features35 years of the Maruti 800: A social icon
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like