Spied: 2016 Chevrolet Beat facelift spotted testing in India
Chevrolet first launched the all-new Beat (sold as Spark) at the 2015 New York International Auto Show. It received a sleeker design, updated platform as well as more premium cabin along with a new 1.4-litre motor. Chevrolet India, on the other hand, showcased a crossover-styled Beat Activ and Essentia sedan at the 2016 Auto Expo. Recently, OVERDRIVE reader Suhas S Bhat caught the 2016 Chevrolet Beat facelift being tested near Bangalore.
The test mules, as seen from images, featured camouflaged front and rear. We believe the 2016 Chevrolet Beat facelift to sport the same front profile as the Essentia sedan. The new design will lend a more upmarket feel to the hatchback as the Beat didn't get any substantial update post its launch in 2010. As seen in the Essentia, there is ample chrome seen on the twin section radiator grille, while the headlight design has been tweaked to make it look larger than before. This should also improve its illumination. The overall bumper design and fog lamp housing look similar to that of the present-generation Beat.
New-generation Chevrolet Beat (sold as Spark) showcased at the 2015 New York International Auto Show
Chevrolet updated the cabin of the Beat this year with additional features like remote keyless entry, foldable key, silver highlights, height-adjustable driver seat and driver side airbag in the LT variant. The top of the line LTZ variant features front dual airbags, ABS and EBD. We expect Chevrolet to introduce some of the features that the new-gen Spark received, including a large 7-inch touch screen display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity options.
Mechanically, the new Chevrolet Beat will retain its existing powertrain options. The 1.2-litre petrol motor puts out 77PS and 106.5Nm while the 1.0-litre diesel churns 56PS and 142.5Nm. Chevrolet claims that the petrol models deliver 17.8kmpl while the diesel versions churn 25.44kmpl.
Starts Rs 4.32 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.64 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.21 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept