Spied: 2016 Hyundai Tucson caught testing in India
The 2016 Hyundai Tucson has been caught testing in Chennai, India. Hyundai India had unveiled the third-generation Tucson at the 2016 Auto Expo. It will be positioned between the Hyundai Creta and the Hyundai Santa Fe. Once launched, the 2016 Tucson is expected to be priced between Rs 20-25 lakh.
Hyundai India is expected to offer the new Tucson with a 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine which makes 178PS and is coupled to an 8-speed automatic transmission. In international markets, the new Hyundai Tucson is also offered with a 1.6-litre and 2.0-litre petrol engines, but these are not expected to be offered on the Indian version. The Tucson is also offered as a front-wheel drive or all wheel drive version, but India is expected to get only the latter.
The new 2016 Santa Fe gets Hyundai's Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design and the signature hexagonal radiator grille. Additionally, it gets LED twin-projector headlights with DRLs, front skid plate and flared wheel arches. At the rear, it gets LED lights, spoiler and twin-chrome exhausts.
In terms of dimensions, the new Hyundai Tucson measures 4,475mm in length, 1,850mm in width and 1,645mm in height. It has a 2,670mm wheelbase and gets a 513-litre boot volume. On the inside, it gets a dual-tone dashboard and comes equipped with features like a 5-inch LCD display with rear-view camera, multi-function steering wheel, dual-zone automatic climate control and a panoramic sunroof.
More from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh