Spied: 2016 Hyundai Tucson caught testing in India
The 2016 Hyundai Tucson has been caught testing in Chennai, India. Hyundai India had unveiled the third-generation Tucson at the 2016 Auto Expo. It will be positioned between the Hyundai Creta and the Hyundai Santa Fe. Once launched, the 2016 Tucson is expected to be priced between Rs 20-25 lakh.
Hyundai India is expected to offer the new Tucson with a 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine which makes 178PS and is coupled to an 8-speed automatic transmission. In international markets, the new Hyundai Tucson is also offered with a 1.6-litre and 2.0-litre petrol engines, but these are not expected to be offered on the Indian version. The Tucson is also offered as a front-wheel drive or all wheel drive version, but India is expected to get only the latter.
The new 2016 Santa Fe gets Hyundai's Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design and the signature hexagonal radiator grille. Additionally, it gets LED twin-projector headlights with DRLs, front skid plate and flared wheel arches. At the rear, it gets LED lights, spoiler and twin-chrome exhausts.
In terms of dimensions, the new Hyundai Tucson measures 4,475mm in length, 1,850mm in width and 1,645mm in height. It has a 2,670mm wheelbase and gets a 513-litre boot volume. On the inside, it gets a dual-tone dashboard and comes equipped with features like a 5-inch LCD display with rear-view camera, multi-function steering wheel, dual-zone automatic climate control and a panoramic sunroof.
More from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Team OD | 13 Jun 2018
Team OD | 11 Jun 2018
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 18 - 24
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP
- NewsAudi global CEO Rupert Stadler arrested over Dieselgate scandal
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four meter SUV test mule spotted
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness
- NewsIsuzu introduces X-Power variants of the D-Max and the MU-X